Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By freezerman Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:39 pm
I'm running OS 4.15 and I can't create a new programme without messing up an existing programme. Here's what's happening:

I have an environment with a couple of programmes, I sample new stuff, and I want to organise the new samples into a new programme. So I get into PROGRAM MODE, highlight the current programme name on top, hit WINDOW and select NEW. At this point I enter the new programme name and here comes the mess. The original programme name is changed, and I have now two programmes with the same name in RAM. A pretty messy situation.
Anybody can replicate this?

The workaround I use now is to create automatically a new programme within the CHOP menu (only I don't chop the sample at all), this one works fine.
By angel Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:48 pm
freezerman wrote:I'm running OS 4.15 and I can't create a new programme without messing up an existing programme. Here's what's happening:

I have an environment with a couple of programmes, I sample new stuff, and I want to organise the new samples into a new programme. So I get into PROGRAM MODE, highlight the current programme name on top, hit WINDOW and select NEW. At this point I enter the new programme name and here comes the mess. The original programme name is changed, and I have now two programmes with the same name in RAM. A pretty messy situation.
Anybody can replicate this?

The workaround I use now is to create automatically a new programme within the CHOP menu (only I don't chop the sample at all), this one works fine.

yes. the bug is confirm! double program is create!

By es-k Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:38 pm
first bug i've ever noticed since i got my mpc

By Antonym Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:02 pm
i get this too but i don't know enough about it to reproduce it since i havn't been composing on my mpc for a while.

By jahrome Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:08 am
:twisted:

By Antonym Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:09 am
and apparently, i'm not the only one

By stale bread Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:25 am
can't you just delete the extra program?

By bees80 Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:37 am
hmm.. maybe you can workaround while using trim mode and select slice new samples and create a new program ?

for time being..

By truvc Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:49 pm
as a workaround, maybe save an empty program on disk and load it instead of "create new program".

anyway i also noticed oddities with "create new program", like another program desapearing or "Program01" reappearing.

i ended up leaving "Program01" (empty), and did not notice the bug after (although i did not really experiment with it)

By Antonym Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:01 pm
maybe save an empty program on disk and load it instead of "create new program".

a very good idea, especially since i have been using layer levels a lot recently. each pad has been set so this is how it looks:

layer 1 - 91-127
layer 2 - 61-90
layer 3 - 31-60
layer 4 - 0-30

every time i create a new pgm i have to go through every pad i'm using and set that. real tiresome! now i'll just make a preset pgm and load that one instead. thanks!

By es-k Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:25 pm
Antonym wrote:i havn't been composing on my mpc for a while.

hmm? composing on what then?

By Antonym Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:00 pm
nothing, very busy with schoolwork unfortunately. my fingers are getting soft again, i'm out of practice. it's frustrating. i'm taking a lot of notes though on techniques i'll be using when i get back into it.

you know the routine. things get in the way. i'm notorious for putting off all other aspects oflife to work on my sampler but it's been catching up on me recently.

By bees80 Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:03 am
Antonym wrote:a very good idea, especially since i have been using layer levels a lot recently. each pad has been set so this is how it looks:

layer 1 - 91-127
layer 2 - 61-90
layer 3 - 31-60
layer 4 - 0-30

every time i create a new pgm i have to go through every pad i'm using and set that. real tiresome! now i'll just make a preset pgm and load that one instead. thanks!

hey nym, what's the essence/effect of this technique?