Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).

By Antonym Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:32 pm
nah, of course you are. the pic of scrooge was in referecne to those who would mistrust your holiday-related generosity

By DJ-T Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:55 pm
if stan says it's legal then that's that, do we question thousands of gear giveways that music company's do every year? look up top at what VST is doing!FREE,FREE,FREE,FREEEEEEE! heck I paid less than eight hundred bucs to max my 1k out and VST is still charging over a thousand bucs. and some is worried about one free serial. huh? give me a break! :?

By jahrome Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:55 pm
stan steez wrote:

Why is this so weird? Because you're not getting used to get something for free these days? Do you think I got any other intentions than giving away a free serial? That would be? Maybe spamming your mails all day? So what's your point here?

Its weird...You are asking for their serial numbers..email address...and why they deserve the OS ??? If JJ is cool with it..he could just give the person you choose credit..or the OS themselves. Or you could just send somebody $30.

By pad-ophiliac Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:53 pm
i'm lost. whats a serial?

By stan steez Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:28 am
jahrome wrote:Its weird...You are asking for their serial numbers..email address...and why they deserve the OS ??? If JJ is cool with it..he could just give the person you choose credit..or the OS themselves. Or you could just send somebody $30.

Okay, let me set it straight once and for all:

FIRST OF ALL: I am asking for their PRODUCT ID, NOT for their SERIAL ... there's a big difference between an ID and a SERIAL!
>> You need to check things out before you start running your mouth!

SECOND: I NEED to SEND THE ID to JJ so he can Generate a working serial, which I will to forward to a lucky person (excludes you!) via E-Mail. That's it!
>> Any Issues with the safety of your private data or what's the point?
>> If you don't know about the registering process of the JJ-OS, go get informed first, then run your mouth!

THIRD: This serial belongs to me, coz it was offered to me for creating the JJ-Manual which took me more than 30 hours! I was rewarded with it for the good work. It's mine and I can do or not do what the f*** I wanna do with it. So if I am willing to just giveaway something that's worth 30 bucks, I think I can at least ask somebody "Hey why I should give this to you?" If somebody offered me this opportunity I would not try to let it pass.

And on that note... I'm oudi 5g

PS: I won't respond on any further post, which doubt my intentions. I am really upset about so much ignorance!
Last edited by stan steez on Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

By pad-ophiliac Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:45 am
whats a serial? you say you're not asking for our serial, you're asking for our product id. if we have a serial, why do we need the one you're giving away?

By elektrik_muz Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:51 am
Nah he means cereal not serial.

By stan steez Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:24 am
pad-ophiliac wrote:whats a serial? you say you're not asking for our serial, you're asking for our product id. if we have a serial, why do we need the one you're giving away?

OKAY::: PLEASE READ THE INSTALLING / REGISTERING INSTRUCTIONS FOR OS 4.x:

http://66.249.93.104/translate_c?hl=en& ... en%26lr%3D

Once you understood that everything will be ever so clear!

>> PLZ STOP MISTRUST!!!!!!!

By jahrome Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:21 am
stan steez wrote:

FIRST OF ALL: I am asking for their PRODUCT ID, NOT for their SERIAL ... there's a big difference between an ID and a SERIAL!

SECOND: I NEED to SEND THE ID to JJ so he can Generate a working serial, which I will to forward to a lucky person (excludes you!) via E-Mail. That's it!
>> If you don't know about the registering process of the JJ-OS, go get informed first, then run your mouth!

THIRD: This serial belongs to me, coz it was offered to me for creating the JJ-Manual which took me more than 30 hours! I was rewarded with it for the good work. It's mine and I can do or not do what the f*** I wanna do with it. So if I am willing to just giveaway something that's worth 30 bucks, I think I can at least ask somebody "Hey why I should give this to you?" If somebody offered me this opportunity I would not try to let it pass.

PS: I won't respond on any further post, which doubt my intentions. I am really upset about so much ignorance!

Their product ID....serial..or what ever. There is a difference..but not a big difference. As I understand, both are unique to the individual MPCs. So sending a unique identifier to someone that is not affiliated with Akai (or JJ) is something a wise person should think about for a second. Especially if they don't know you like that. My guess is they don't know you. If someone here knew you like that, you would just give it to that person.

As far as me, I don't need anything from you and never asked.

So you were rewarded with a $30 dollar OS for 30 plus hours of work. Sounds like JJ is running a sweat shop :lol:
Last edited by jahrome on Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

By gunmetal Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:35 am
stan steez wrote:
jahrome wrote:Its weird...You are asking for their serial numbers..email address...and why they deserve the OS ??? If JJ is cool with it..he could just give the person you choose credit..or the OS themselves. Or you could just send somebody $30.

HOW NICE OF YOU TO DO THIS FOR FOLKS WHO CANT AFFORD IT...

THIS WORLD NEEDS MORE PEOPLE LIKE YOU

AND LESS REPUBLICANS

:lol:

By j.m Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:44 am
Man, I'm really amazed aobut some of the person's here on the board.

If I didn't already purchased my version of the OS - I would instantly send stan steezy a pm.

This is a real generous offer and people treat him like his CIA or somethin like that. ???

He must be illuminati, because he's asking for the product-ID. ???

WHAAAAAAAT :?:

Let's see - if somebody's not sure about the "safety" of this offer than make a new free web email with an alias.

The "Product-ID" he is asking is "unrevelant" in terms of "safety".

It's generated by the JJ OS after install - and individually for every mpc.
So what could he do with that? Nothing, because he would have to get that actual mpc in his hands to have an actual advantage of it.

Why does he need it? Because the person who has the mpc, has to install the OS, then write the product ID and then he can give that product ID to JJ.
Then he will get a generated Serial from JJ, which can be inserted in the OS.

That simple.

So stop hatin' and that misstrust.
There is no risk or loss in this offer.

:roll:

By stan steez Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:04 pm
@ jahrome: A little teachings in logics here - I don't have any purpose of knowing somebody's ID, because it belongs to YOUR MPC only.... So therefore your argument about "Serial or ID or WHATEVER" as you stated is obsolete...there is no whatever, these are two differnt things. EVEN if I would know your Serials - which I don't want anyway, that wouldn't make the slightest difference! BECAUSE...

The ID and the Serial works like this:

ID = LOCK (generated by YOUR HARDWARE I N D I VI D U A L L Y once YOU install the OS)
SERIAL = KEY (generated by JJ)

>> Plus: there only exists one Lock and one fitting Key.
The Pair must match. So if I got any Key, that wouldn't fit to the lock I could have Hundreds of thousand of keys which would not work... I once calculated the value... I already got my MPC 1000 plus my JJ-OS unlocked, so what your are saying is totally out of perspective!

Therfore I am (again) referring to JJ's instructions for obtaining a serial, to make things clear: http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/paypal.htm
Read j.m.'s post too, to wise-up...

@ Gunmetal & j.m. thanks for backing me up and trying to make things clear.

>>I can believe if somebody is skeptic about stuff, but there are some dudes in here who are heavily infected by the ignorance-virus...

AGAIN::::: I DON'T HAVE ANY PROFIT or BAD INTENTIONS OF KNOWING YOUR MACHINES IDs. PERIOD

By chilom Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:42 pm
don't waste your time by answering such silly accusations.
your kindness will never be rewarded, and i know that your are not looking after anyways....
free action is something which is rare those days, which explains why some people doubt it.

thx for everything you've done already.
hope your gift will make at least someone happy !

So sending a unique identifier to someone that is not affiliated with Akai (or JJ) is something a wise person should think about for a second. Especially if they don't know you like that. My guess is they don't know you. If someone here knew you like that, you would just give it to that person.

well this Id is a software one, and totally different with the hardware serial printed at the back of every mpc.
the s/n used for the warranty is the hardware one. so sending the Product id (JJ os) doesn't harm in any ways.
dont be too much paranoïd

By jahrome Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:21 pm
stan steez wrote:
@ jahrome: A little teachings in logics here - I don't have any purpose of knowing somebody's ID, because it belongs to YOUR MPC only.... So therefore your argument about "Serial or ID or WHATEVER" as you stated is obsolete...there is no whatever, these are two differnt things. EVEN if I would know your Serials - which I don't want anyway, that wouldn't make the slightest difference! BECAUSE...

The ID and the Serial works like this:

ID = LOCK (generated by YOUR HARDWARE I N D I VI D U A L L Y once YOU install the OS)
SERIAL = KEY (generated by JJ)

>> Plus: there only exists one Lock and one fitting Key. The Pair must match. So if I got any Key, that wouldn't fit to the lock I could have Hundreds of thousand of keys which would not work... I once calculated the value... I already got my MPC 1000 plus my JJ-OS unlocked, so what your are saying is totally out of perspective!

Therfore I am (again) referring to JJ's instructions for obtaining a serial, to make things clear: http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/paypal.htm
Read j.m.'s post too, to wise-up...

I did state that a wise person would ask the question. Now that you replied with further information, any one wanting the OS can now make an informed choice.

For you other guys, its not parnoia to want to know how these numbers will be used.

And to show that I am a good sport, I will give someone in the forums $30 for creating the hottest track based on a sample off Michael Jackson's Thriller or Off the Wall Album. You can use the $30 to purchase whatever you want (JJ OS, CDs, albums, a gift for mom, etc). However, you must have an email address and Pay Pal account (can be create for free). I will post this in the music forum.

Here it is: http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=63371

By stan steez Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:51 pm
Who would have thought, that a controversy turns into the 2nd Christmas gift Thread ;) It's a nice chance to win something for peeps who already own JJ-OS 4!