Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By SonicLabsAudio Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:11 pm
If im not connected to a cpu is there a way i can delete wav files from the hd? I just loaded about 20gb worth of samples and am making kits but there are some samples i wish to delete? Also does anyone know of a program that will bulk name samples for me. Say i want to start at sample01 and have it rename each sample untill the folder is done? Thanks.

By freezerman Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:31 pm
you can delete stuff from the HD, but only one by one. (in SAVE mode). You can't bulk rename samples using the MPC alone, but of course there are many applications that will do that for you on a PC (one of which is called RENAMER)

By SonicLabsAudio Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:39 pm
exactly im looking to delete the files 1 by 1 as i go through them but dint see a way to remove them permentaly from hd. Is renamer going to be the best program for the job? I want to take all my samples and basically start from blank and not know what is what? Thanks for the help.

By Rise of EPC Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:14 am
well... with windows Xp..
you can highlight the samples you want to rename...right click.. rename..and name it.. it will name the others... 01..02..03..
in any folder..anywhere..

if you didnt know that... well now you do.