Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By jahrome Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:22 am
Today, I tested the timing of the MPC 2500 using the JJ OS 3.04. I used the MIDI recording functions of Nuendo and set the MPC 2500 as MTC Master. I recorded a 2 bar sequence on the MPC 2500 consisting of a repeating snare that hit on every 1/16th note. I recorded two tracks of MIDI into Nuendo. I set Nuendo's transport to display the sequences in seconds. Next, I used Nuendo's List Editor to display where the snares hit in time.

RESULTS:

When I compared the two MIDI sequences of the MPC 2500 (as recorded into Nuendo), 1/16th snares of each track were precise to .003 seconds off from one another.

I did the exact same test with the MPC as an MTC slave..same results.

Please note that the QUANTIZE functions on NUENDO is turned OFF. Also, using the Akai OS 1.22, I got the same/similar results.

Hope this latest test is sighful to someone......

Peace.

By cozy Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:51 am
wouldnt that be due to latency? my audio interface is set to 2.5ms, so no matter what i do, i will always get that 2.5 ms lag. this is mpc to daw. im not sure, but i think it would swing both ways. considering that the midi would be coming through the same interface.

just a though....

By jahrome Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:04 am
Could be...however, using the exact same methods and using an MPC 3000, I get much better results..up to a .001 second delay at times.

By cozy Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:05 am
ahh, i would think that it would be consistant if it was latency. i just wanted to put that out there.