Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Grant Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:57 pm
Just loaded 4.24 today and went to load up a folder containing all the usual stuff -Project file - samples - programs etc.

Now - on pressing "do it" to load the folder, the screen goes blank and stays that way - the MPC goes no further into the loading process. Had to reboot the MPC - It came back on ok and I did the above procedure again - with the same results.

Now I thought "maybe I should reformat my harddrive" - so i did so - and loaded everything back onto it as it was before - same thing happened again!

Tried every other kind of workaround I can think of - Creating new folders and saving stuff into them and trying to open from there - but to no avail.

The only way I can load up stuff that i've been working on is to go into individual folders and load up the constituent parts of projects (ALL files, program files, sequences and songs, and samples etc - Bit of a pain in the a$$.

The MPC just doesn't seem to like loading up folders at all - in fact it refuses to do it at all anymore!

Anyone with any ideas?

( I also tried reverting to previous os's that i've had no problems with - but the problem persists even with these earlier versions now)
By jbmbeatz Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:41 pm
Screen freezes when loading samples after initial load or when I try to save new data mpc freezes aswell.

Patch pharse screen display: once I select F3: the display is unreadable just a bunch letters. Doesn't display the options readable.

By electrotimba Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:27 am
Same thing here,while loading, screen goes blank, never happened anything like that

By distortedtekno Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:30 am
yeah, i have the same problem as well when loading a folder.
loading the project, all seq& songs, etc. seems to work okay.

By Grant Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:50 am
has anyone reported this to JJ? - Seems like a pretty fundamental flaw in the system - thought it might be a specific problem to my machine - if not - how do you go about sending him a bug report? - through his website i presume?

i'll get onto him tomorrow if its that easy

hope it can be fixed - the fact that it doesn't fix itself when reverting to an os that previously worked is a bit worrying to say the least!

By panicoescenico Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:57 am
i got something like this, but on 4.23C when in timestrech i go for auto... screen does something strange... then retry does not work... i try something else and mahine crashes

By earwolf Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:14 am
yes i got this too - attempting to load a pgm called "Program 1" off the flash card made the mpc ask "replace existing?", pressing do it gave me a green screen. In the end i had to rename the existing Program 1 to something else, in order to be able to load the other one.

By jahrome Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:30 am
I am pretty sure Antonym has already reported this.

By Akaii Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:11 am
mines fine???

By jahrome Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:04 am
Looks like JJ just fixed the problem with an OS update.....I wonder what is broken with this latest release? Be sure to keep us informed..iight

By Grant Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:24 am
Yup - problem fixed with 4.25

Cheers JJ