Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By locotesmjr Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:52 am
stan steez wrote:>> http://www.stansteez.com/files/pdf/JJOS ... _FINAL.pdf

Hard Facts:

- 49 Pages of in-depth coverage for OS1
- 250 Screen shots
- Tips & Tricks
- Links
- INDEX

TIPS for PRINTING:

Print on both sides of the paper. 1 sheet of paper = 2 sites of manual. Here's how to do this:

01. In Acrobat, select Print > The Printing Dialog appears.
02. Select your Printer, then go to the field called 'Print Range'
03. Put a Dot at "All x pages" (for the whole manual)
04. Then go down to the Drop Box 'Print:' and select 'Odd pages Only'
05. Then start printing.
06. Wait... till its done.
07. Next, take the whole pack of printed paper, flip it on the backside and put it back into the paper slot of your printer. Make sure, that you put it in the way it came out. Otherwise the printed backside will come out upside down after printing!
08. Press Print again, but this time select 'EVEN Pages Only' from the 'Print:' Dropbox.
09. Print.... and wait.
10. Done. Enjoy your JJ OS MANUAL
(11. Go to a copy shop to get a nice loose-leaf binding for it)

PEACE

PS: This pdf was created for the german DIN A4 paper format. If you use any other paper format, make sure to enable the "Fit to paper" option in Acrobat before printing. I just changed to paper format to US Letter and had a look at it: doesn't look as nice as the DIN A4 version. To make it look good, I'd have to spend several more hours, which I am not willing to. just use the "fit to paper option" and you're good to go.
PSS: I just returned from the copy shop! Man, this looks pretty darn official:

Looking good bro! thanks a lot... your work it's much appreciated
By mckenic Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:50 pm
Downloaded this but didnt get a chance to look yet...

Just wanted to say a HUGE thank you! Indeed your hard work is really, really appreciated! This is going to be a fantastic resource for newishbies like me who came onboard just as JJOS was maturing... I missed the start so sometimes its a minefield to find what Im looking for - or een where to start!!!

Thank for this!

:P

Dave
By rinseout Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:30 pm
Good stuff, i´m sure that will help many users out.

Just one thing, can we have the link to the final version on the first page of this thread? One guy already missed it and there are more to come...
By distortedtekno Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:48 pm
rinseout wrote:Good stuff, i´m sure that will help many users out.

Just one thing, can we have the link to the final version on the first page of this thread? One guy already missed it and there are more to come...

I'll take care of that now.
By stan steez Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:08 am
distortedtekno wrote:
rinseout wrote:Good stuff, i´m sure that will help many users out.

I'll take care of that now.

I can't edit the earlier Posts no more, because Tutor had to restore this thread some time ago and took over the editing rights with that. I asked him, if he could put the post with the new links and stuff in the first Post or allow me to edit it - no feedback yet.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:58 pm
Sorry for the delay - I've re-assigned this thread to you Stan, so you should be able to edit. Let me know if it's not working.
By wookjr Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:18 pm
Thanks Stan, much appreciation. I'll check the manual out. Maybe I'll upgrade from
4.76 to OS1. Yeah, Yeah, I'm still on 4.76. It works fine for what I use the MPC
for.

Wook
By FAMOS! Fri May 02, 2008 1:15 pm
I've already downloaded 3.0, read it, absorbed it: I KNOW IT! Now, what has been updated? can you say which pages are different so i can just print those, versus an entire manual again,please?
THANKS IN ADVANCE
By stan steez Mon May 05, 2008 9:19 pm
FAMOS! wrote:I've already downloaded 3.0, read it, absorbed it: I KNOW IT! Now, what has been updated? can you say which pages are different so i can just print those, versus an entire manual again,please?
THANKS IN ADVANCE

I think the easiest way for you to find out what's new or changed is to compare both files. Since I've been working on the document for a long time, a lot has changed which I can't even remember:

-Controls
-Layout of the manual
-DAW Tutorials were removed for now because the descriptions in there were not bulletproof enough for a final release (but will return as addendums later)!
-One major thing, that is new is the complete coverage of the Grid Edit.