Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Pastor-of-Muppets Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:53 am
deeznutz6969 wrote:ok i'll try it thanks! I guess if I need a password for OS2 then it'll ask me for one at the save screen?

yes, but you don't need a password for OS2 if you've entered one for OS-XL. just go ahead and try it and stop filling this sticky thread with your repetitive questions (start a new thread if you need to)
By deeznutz6969 Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:28 pm
Pastor-of-Muppets wrote:
deeznutz6969 wrote:ok i'll try it thanks! I guess if I need a password for OS2 then it'll ask me for one at the save screen?

yes, but you don't need a password for OS2 if you've entered one for OS-XL. just go ahead and try it and stop filling this sticky thread with your repetitive questions (start a new thread if you need to)

word! thanks bro!!!
By innovine Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:24 am
Could we please have an option to display the Grid mode 'upside down', with pad A16 shown at the TOP and A01 at the bottom?

If you chromatically assign notes to your pads, an ascending scale currently looks upside down. It is the same for drums, real drum notation puts the kick (a01) at the bottom and the hihats at the top...
By Pastor-of-Muppets Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:33 pm
innovine wrote:Could we please have an option to display the Grid mode 'upside down', with pad A16 shown at the TOP and A01 at the bottom?

If you chromatically assign notes to your pads, an ascending scale currently looks upside down. It is the same for drums, real drum notation puts the kick (a01) at the bottom and the hihats at the top...

stop thread-jacking! no new features for you!

there's a JJ OS Feature Request sticky
By innovine Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:22 pm
Pastor-of-Muppets wrote:
innovine wrote:Could we please have an option to display the Grid mode 'upside down', with pad A16 shown at the TOP and A01 at the bottom?

stop thread-jacking! no new features for you!

there's a JJ OS Feature Request sticky

Sorry, my bad. I posted this in the wrong thread. I was actually looking through the requests thread wondering where my post went :)
By garethsmyth Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:56 pm
NEWB ALERT!

When i plug my mpc 1000 into my macbook, nothing happens. the computer doesnt recognise it. is there anything i need to do to help the macbook recognise the mpc or is there a chance the usb ports are busted?

thanks for your patience with the newb yall :WTF:
By Metatron72 Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:03 pm
garethsmyth wrote:NEWB ALERT!

When i plug my mpc 1000 into my macbook, nothing happens. the computer doesnt recognise it. is there anything i need to do to help the macbook recognise the mpc or is there a chance the usb ports are busted?

thanks for your patience with the newb yall :WTF:

Is there a CF card in the slot? Otherwise you won't see it on a computer (unless you have an internal HDD in the MPC too), After plugging in the USB cable did you press Mode+Pad 2/USB/Mount ?
By blf222 Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:57 pm
I searched through the thread and couldn't find an answer. If I have installed JJOS2xl but now want to upgrade my ram to 128mb, when I install the new ram will my jjos2xl be erased? I am working with a blue MPC1000. Thanks!
By m:t:c Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:56 pm
nope. you're good. Ram only holds your project (samples, programs, sequences) in memory while you use your machine. If you shutdown your machine without saving things to a HD or CF card you lose your edits to your project because they were only in the ram.
By blf222 Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:59 pm
Are there any recommended venders that sell the appropriate RAM listed on this forum. I am trying to avoid third party sellers (Amazon, eBay, etc.).

Update: I just found a ram chip that is pc133 144 pin sodimm but is 512mb. Also there is no indication whether it is CL3 (might just be omitted.). Will the 512mb increase be an issue? Found it at B&H.