Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By uptightkid Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:23 am
The MPC1000 manual says that the maximum capacity CF card that can be used is 2gb.

A dude on the future producer site says he is running a 4gb card with no issues. I asked him if he was using JJ but no reply yet.

So...can anyone here tell me if it is possible to use a 4gb card.

I am using OS2.

Currently using a 2gb card and have to be very ecnomical (switching projects to my desktop to make room etc). Annoying!

By BIG LARRY Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:25 am
Too bad I can't use a MicroSD.
I was given a shipping box of about 60 Sandisk 2gb Micros.
Why the hell did they drop a "Micro" anyway?
Was the "Mini" too heavy to carry in w/ the groceries?
I guess for those Zoolander phones.

I'd imagine someone w/ a JJ has a CF over 2gb card they can try for you.
I doubt it will work, because the manual says 2gb & hardware is pretty strict on its limits.
I had a MicroDrive out of an old Creative Zen that didn't work.
Just buy a couple 2'gbs w/ your stimulus check.

By modulator Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:23 am
i use jj os 2 with a 4gb sandisk and it works really fine.
hard disk is faster in writing and saving.

By gojsse Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:31 pm
modulator wrote:i use jj os 2 with a 4gb sandisk and it works really fine.
hard disk is faster in writing and saving.

hah, i just popped in a 4gb card for my digital camera in the mpc and it shows 3.8something gb free.

By snf Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:00 pm
Kingston Ultimate x266 8 GB , works flawlessly in OS2

By uptightkid Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:01 am
8gb!!!

I've been getting by with 128mb since I bought th MPC 8 months ago.

Ebay here I come.

By BIG LARRY Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:17 pm
jjos is sick if 8gb are working. im gonna try my microdrive again when i get home. i tried it under akai os 1st day i had it.

By fritzifratzi Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:27 am
I put a harddrive (60GB) in mine and I haven't used a cf card since. I save everything with folders (instruments/drums/projects...) and subfolders and it allows me to save new songs with hundreds of sounds to new locations because of the amount of space available. My whole thinking of conserving memory etc (coming from the mpc60) has totally changed for the 1000. I even started recording vocals, guitars etc into onto different audio trax, with track mute it makes arranging faster/more fun than on the computer and with the individual outs it's nice to send them to a mixer if you have one.

By uptightkid Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:19 am
Until now I was considering getting the hard drive.

Seeing as an 8gb card can be loaded with OS2 the hard drive is looking less essential.

On the other hand if it was fairly easy and not too expensive the hard drive could be good.

Did you use the kit that MPC Stuff sells?

By fritzifratzi Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:57 pm
Hi,

I use the adapter kit, i bought it somewhere in the UK online, is it called HMI kit? or so, I honestly can't remember. I think sometimes they are in short supply so you need to keep trying but you will get one if you persist, I am sure. Mine cost about £25 and the hard drive £55 from a computer fair.

I use so many floppies with all my other gear (mpc60 / emax / s950) that I am grateful to not have to use any other removable media for this machine and keep all my stuff in one place and not have to think about where i put it...
I like being able to add more and more instruments and drum programs onto the harddrive over time without having to worry about putting it across different removables, that's all...

also, it works well with the usb tranferring files and seems a lot faster than cf to me...
By flow4JC Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:08 pm
i am using an 8gb CF with JJ OS2. Works perfectly and have absolutely no problems. Just formated it when i first got it and that's it.

peace,