Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By jizmmmyjazz Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:28 pm
Alright so I'm having a bit of a problem with "insufficient memory" as well. I usually try to sample out my beats on abelton an than transfer them to my mpc to edit etc. I save all of my beats in the correct wave form (16 bit 44100)but never the less each time i try to load up the new sounds i get an "insufficient memory" message. Sometimes i am able to load up one single beat but when i try to load up more i get the "insufficient memory" message again. I dont know if I'm doing something wrong, or not but this hasn't been happening before.
By SimonInAustralia Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:14 am
Does he have expanded 128MB of RAM, or is he running on the 16MB standard (11.5MB for sound memory) onboard RAM?

Why is it happening on only a single beat that he is loading in, how long is the beat?

Are there other samples being loaded by Autoload that are taking up memory unnecessarily?
By jizmmmyjazz Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:29 am
Im not loading songs im loading loops of course. and its not a single beat it just sometimes lets me put one in and sometimes it doesnt at all. Most of the beats are a couple of seconds. I was thinking it was something with autoload or that i filled up my standard memory but im not sure. Im running just on standard memory and CF cards but im currently trying to buy the 128MB. At this point Im not sure if its the mpc or if its abelton.
By SimonInAustralia Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:38 am
Maybe check what percentage of the 11.5MB WAV memory is available before you load anything in, by pressing the Status button.

And go into Record Mode, and see how much free time is available to record into.

11.5MB is not much, it will allow a little over 1 minute of stereo samples (5MB per minute mono, 10MB per minute stereo).

Also maybe turn off Autoload (that will stop Autoloading from internal flash memory to internal RAM), and rename any Autoload folders on your memory cards (as they still autoload even when autoload is turned off in the settings).
By SimonInAustralia Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:54 am
Have you turned off Autoload and renamed the Autoiload folder on any memory card that you have inserted?

How large are the sample files that you are trying to load into it?

What is the percentage used, after you turn it on, before you try to load anything?