Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Joab doe Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:14 pm
I've set two pads of the same sample and have changed each one to a different pitch. I can trigger each one but when I record it in and play it back, they are both the same.

I have tried setting the tune with 'sample tune' and with the slider

Someone help
By Ill-Green Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:28 pm
Change the name of the 2nd sample. If you have 2 of the same sample on 2 pads and both have the same name, then whatever change you do to one sample, will affect the other and both will be the same ALWAYS!!! So c'mon and get off your high horse and go into TRIM MODE, Copy and paste the sample instead assigning the same sample to multiple pads. COPY allows you to do what you want. The original sample is TOMS lets say, when you copy it, the sample becomes TOMS2, so basically, thats 2 different names, 2 different samples and one will not affect the other. Got it?! Good!
By fuzuku Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:33 pm
I think the Mpc loads same samples in different pads with different names (Snare01, Snare02, etc)

So to help further;

Spend like 4 hours trying to get the Q-Link event down, with the manual at hand. (Pdf, Physical), if it doesn't work try again next night, and so on (that's how I got it down and can do it automatically)

At the moment I don't remember exactly how it goes, without mpc at hand, it's tricky, but common downfalls are, overriding past Q-Link events (the slider), leaving it turned on and leaving the Slider in other position rather than down. (So it can pitch upwards, or past the value it has automated - up, down)

So the method goes something like this (if I'm not mistaken); apply parameters to pad which you apply pitch change to (Mode Pad 1) apply event, change pad (so you don't override), - again write in parameters -apply automation and then turn down the Slider or turn it off. (Light out)

If it doesn't work for you, leave another message, this week I have to do some work with my Mpc, I can help.
By Ill-Green Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:37 am
fuzuku wrote:I think the Mpc loads same samples in different pads with different names (Snare01, Snare02, etc).

Nope. Unless you are extracting or copying, the MPC never loads same samples with different names.
By fuzuku Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:50 am
Das weird...I never had a problem with same samples tuning in at same Q-Links events, loading them from the CF card. Tomorrow I'll check it.