Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Ianpc77 Sat May 13, 2017 12:10 pm
Hi I'm new to the mpc family . I've just got my first mpc , a 500 that needs repairing . I need a pcb , the front right hand side that contains the rec, over dub , stop and play buttons ( it's these that don't work after the previous owner dropped it ) the pcb is broken on one corner hence the need for a replacement . I have sourced one from mpc stuff but wondered if there was a supplier in the U.K. ?
Any help / advice is greatly appreciated.
By Ianpc77 Sat May 13, 2017 2:58 pm
Or rather ...I can source from mpc stuff but want to check first for U.K. Supplier .
By Ill-Green Sun May 14, 2017 1:08 am
There used to be an mpcstuff.uk but I think they only deal with cosmetics like colored pads and side wood panels.

However, I have 2 MPC500s, one I use for parts. It just has no rubber pads and no side panels.
By MPC-Tutor Sun May 14, 2017 8:37 am
We're currently the only official UK distributor for MPC Stuff products, but we only sell fat pads. Definitely no plans to sell PCBs, those are just OEM Akai parts. TBH if you are in the UK you're best bet is to contact Akai direct.
By Ianpc77 Sun May 14, 2017 6:23 pm
Thanks guys for the replies .
I'm going to have a proper look at the pcb later to see what I can do. I noticed this morning when playing about with it that the volume also didn't work... on closer inspection the soldered joints were all coming away from the pcb and I couldn't re solder them as I had nothing to solder to! But I managed to solder little jumper leads to each relevant connection and got it to work perfectly for now. So I'm hoping I may be be able to do the same with the play pcb .
I'll let you know how I go on. If I can't fix it I'll either contact akai or go via mpc stuff or look out for 2nd hand pcb.
By Ianpc77 Tue May 16, 2017 10:54 pm
Just an update .....
I took a look at the right hand pcb ( with the play and rec etc buttons on it ) there is a small crack across the circuit path . I have soldered jumper cables from components affected by the crack .....and it only works !!
So for now I'll leave it as it is and have a play and learn how to use it !