Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By fuzuku Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:04 pm
I have absolutely no idea, my guess is not because the internal program (the OS) of the mpc500 works in conjunction with Compact Flash Cards, which may work different than sd and adapters. But if you have other use besides the mpc for the adapter I say go for it! and post the results back to us! :-D
By Lampdog Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:33 pm
I think the adapter will work fine. However, some SD cards will not and some will.
Which exact SD cards work, idk.
By Ill-Green Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:42 pm
Best to use a Sandisk adapter accepting Sandisk SD kodz. I had many adapters by Sandisk and all worked fine when using a Sandisk, but put a Kingston in there and you'll get nothing or a never ending read and load time.

It'll work and likewise for other brands, just pick one and stick with it.
By SlowwFloww Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:33 pm
Yo guys.. I didn’t buy a sd-card adapter yet.. Was kinda busy rearranging the studio.. Sold my s950 to get an iPad just to run the Caustic app.. That software is state-of-the art! It has samplers, VA synths, drumsamplers, effects.... even a modular synth! And sounds great too!

So I didn’t use my mpc500 that much because of that. But, yeah.. I better get that cheap Ebay adapter and save me some money. I rather buy a micro-sd version now, so I can put it in my smartphone, edit the files and send em back to the MPC :-)
By dirtymind Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:38 pm
I use a K Komputer Bay Pro with standard 4gb sd and i works fine however they are slightly thicker than your normal CF Card so a bit of a tight fit ive guled something underneath to grip hold of cause theres no lip.
By survinylist Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:22 pm
Thanks for the replies guys. If I end up buying an Eye-Fi wifi SD card for my dlsr I will try if it works with the MPC500. It would be a cool way to send internal mixes from the mpc to your ipad/iphone/android device.

:roll:
By survinylist Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:34 pm
So I bought this https://www.ebay.com/itm/SDXC-SDHC-SD-t ... 2831289493 like Richie (thanks dude!) recommended. Works like a charm with the Kingston 32GB SDHC UHS-I U3 SD card I had for my dlsr cam. Load/Save times have dropped to about 1/3 when compared to a normal CF card.

Damn Apple should let people transfer wav files theough the iphone lightning port, would make life a lot easier. :x
By SlowwFloww Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:55 pm
@ richie

Didn't you get the EyeFi wifi card working??

And you know you can send wav files via wifi using your webbrowser with AudioShare right?
By richie Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:37 am
@SlowwFloww hey man, no I never tried the EyeFi ones.

The one I linked is just a normal adapter. I didn't know of or ever heard of anyone doing that but that's good information to have out there.
By SlowwFloww Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:36 pm
I ordered that Ebay adapter as well.. should arrive here the next couple of weeks..

Well my EyeFi question was actually meant for survinylist... Using wifi to import/export samples on the mpc500 would be really cool. :-D