Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Fan Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:04 am
Hello guys. I'm new in MPC forum.
Some months ago I bought my first MPC 500, I'm very happy. I record some samples and play they by a pedal midi controller (berhingher fcb 10 10) :it can send midi message of note on to MPC but it can't send MMC to start sequences.
So I found it on web:
https://m.thomann.de/fr/nektar_pacer.htm
Nektar Pacer seems right. It can send CC, PC, note on... and also message to start and stop any sequence in DAW by MMC.

What do you think?
What does we think?
Can the MPC 500 controlled by Nectar Pacer without any modify?
I hope this post can be helpful. :o
Last edited by Fan on Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Fan Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:54 pm
Hello. I was looking for a foot controller midi for play the pads of Mpc500 and I founded it in the FCB 10 10. With it I can play also a Novation Bass Station II as well as MPC500. All of this without software, but using midi cables:
Fcb1010 midi out - MPC 500 midi in. Mpc set on SOFT THRU. MPC 500 midi out - Bass Station midi in. And the my last discovery was to close the circle, Bass station midi out- FCB 1010 midi in, setting of Fcb1010 as Merge out and MPC as slave of Bass Station 2 (it has a sequencer and a arpeggiator).
At the end I ask to a foot controller that allows me to start and stop a sequence of MPC. Thomann suggested me Nektar Pacer. I read the manual of it. And it have the possibility of send a MMC message as well as other function. It is chip also.MMC is good to start a sequence.?
I think MMC is enough to do it.
What are you think about it?
Thanks DjDiskmachine
By Fan Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:12 pm
MMC, midi machine control, is used to give the command of start and stop between two or more machine without any control about synch time as location bar and beat.
For this kind of control, synch time, we have the System Real Time Message.
http://www.indiana.edu/~emusic/etext/MI ... IDI8.shtml
But I read,in MPC forum, that control the MPC 500 start and stop by an external midi control isn't easy indeed impossible without a midi remapping of MPC 500 by a software. I don't have now any computer to try it, strange you will think but it's real. And so I'm looking for a foot controller allow me to give the command of start and stop to any sequences of MPC500 without any synch about time. Thomann suggest me this pedal
https://m.thomann.de/fr/nektar_pacer.htm
Someone know if it is really possible.
By DjDiskmachine Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:53 am
Still not 100% sure what u wanna do, but if my assumptions are correct, you'd like to queue sequences like in Ableton Live..?
The MPC doesnt work like that, rather the patterns in a sequence all run in parallel and can only be muted / soloed. If you want to queue up another sequence,the rotary encoder is used.

The concept of sending Play to a certain sequence doesnt exist for this machine. Hope I understood the nature of your question correct.
By Fan Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:59 am
Thanks Man.
I understand it's impossible:send a message midi to start or stop a certain sequence. You are saying I can composed a sequences with two or more track, for example :first track with some pads assigned to any samples and second track with any pad without any samples. I can assigned a different midi channel to each tracks and while they run I can choose which of two must play.
But the doubt remaing: If I can by a midi foot controlled turn on/of a certain tracks?
See you soon I hope
By DjDiskmachine Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:19 am
Hey man!
ok now I get it. You want to mute / unmute a track by foot controller. Sadly, i 'm pretty sure this isn't possible, the MIDI implementation of the MPC500 doesn't include much of remote controlling. I think you have to do this by manually entering the mute / solo- mode. I might be wrong tho, check out the MIDI implementation chart in case I'm missing something.
good luck! Cheers
/M