Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Ronnieray32 Tue May 19, 2009 11:53 pm
just got another 500 brand new..
and i open the package power this thing up and the black lettering on the screen is real dim u have to look at it from the bottom up at a angle to see it...if u look straight down on it it is not there...the blue backlight works fine turns on and off...
and way in the menus i tried looking to mess with contrast of screen???
any help would be ver apreciated i am stuck
By Cold Snap Wed May 20, 2009 1:43 am
Excerpt from the manual

Inside the battery compartment is a contrast adjust for the LCD display. This will be able to accommodate several different viewing
angles. The [CONTRAST] adjustment can be changed by using a standard Phillips head screwdriver

*** CAUTION! ***
This screw is a knob, which should move easily. It does not tighten like a standard screw. If the screw stops turning, DO NOT
tighten it beyond this point. This could result in damage, which will require factory service.
By Kidsonic_Official Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:40 pm
I'm sorry for dragging up an old thread, but I feel this is still a bit of a bug bear for some users.

I got an MPC 500 for my 24th and I tried adjusting the contrast of the screen. I adjusted it so that the contrast was higher as I'm visually impaired. After adjusting it though, I can't see it from a 45 degree angle as there are dark squares (which I believe to be the LCD boxes for each part of the letter/number. I can see it when looking straight down though, but it's still annoying haha.

Has anyone else experienced this? Have I buggered up my MPC's screen?

Cheers in advance.