Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By ukaef Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:28 pm
Hi! Id like to know how can I change some default settings on mpc 500, such as tempo. When I power on my mpc I have tempo set on 120 bpm. What if I want it to be set on ex. 90 already after start? Is there any option to do that?

(sorry about my english)
By poundaproblem Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:54 pm
what you are asking for is to be spoonfed. Changing the tempo is one of the most BASIC functions of any piece of gear. You need to put some work in. This forum is a dope place to get info if your stuck in a real situation. You my friend are just being lazy and giving up after 10 minutes. The only advice I will give you is this, either A get familiar with your manual or B sell your gear.
By namotu Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:54 pm
its amazing (crazy) that people buy this type of gear that costs a good amount of money, and they have pretty much no idea how to use it. before i even got my 500, i pretty much knew everything about it. i had read the manual online, watched youtube videos, and even read posts hear about problems people were having, so that when i got mine, i didn't have to ask the same question.

its just funny to me, people come here and are like "i gotta mpc500 but have no clue how to use it." i mean i guess thats what the manual is for, but for gear such as an mpc, its not a good idea to buy one if you have no idea how to use it, or what is can (or is capable) of doing.
By thecatinside Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:57 am
Before you go any further with your 'kids these days'-sentimentality:

There's a slight difference in changing tempo and changing default tempo. I'm sure Ukaef knows how to change tempo if s/he's willing to take one step further and change the default tempo.

I looked trough my manual, explored the menues in my mpc, even searched youtube (only resulting endless amount of MAD BEATZ-videos, time well spent) and it seems like there's no way to change the default tempo. Thank god it's not that big of a thing to change the tempo after the startup.

All in all it was pretty **** in justified question.
By namotu Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:14 am
well its not really a 'kids these days' thing, cas im on the very young side compared to most people on the forums.

i guess there is a difference in the question, but your right, changing the default tempo isn't such a big deal, seeing as it only takes a few spins on the wheel to get to the bpm you desire.

and yes, youtube is saturated with the mad beatz videos. their relentless.
By phono Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:59 am
im sorry but this is still in the manual, jeez i just looked and it took me less than a min to find it, i knew it was in there since i actually read the manual.

"Changing the Default Settings" is the title of the section, i mean how f*king hard is that?
By ukaef Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:02 pm
I hope, that another gear that you my dear friends will buy, will be made in poland, and only language of manual will be polish. When you ask me for help, I will say to ya same shit, that you said to me in this topic. Anyway I dont have to explain myself, I put simple question to someone who can spend 5 secounds, and write
"and it seems like there's no way to change the default tempo. Thank god it's not that big of a thing to change the tempo after the startup"

Tired of unhelpful dumba$$es swaggering and disputeing. Please, dont write anything else. Period. it is really hard to read technical manual in English for me.

Back to the topic:

I mention about tempo in example. I thought that "user default" option in params make another sequence or track same as that, which we choose that option, and these settings will be lost after power off. Anyway I had change the tempo of one sequence to 50, go to params ->user default -> Memorize this Sq -> do it and that didnt worked. After restart of mpc my sequence have 120 bpm tempo. I know that tempo issue is not a big deal, but I have been working on Reason past 6 years and always have my default session fitted to my needs in any little detail.
By ukaef Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:15 pm
In Manual:

Some settings for a sequence (such as number of the bars, time, tempo, and loop) are automatically set to the default setting when you create
a new sequence. If you always set up new sequences in a specific way before composing music, you can save time by having the MPC500
memorize the settings of a "master sequence" for you. Once a sequence is memorized, all new sequences you create will contain the same
length, Timesignature, tempo, loop points, and other settings of the master.

Bullshit! That doesnt work in my mpc! Is my gear broken?
By elevated Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:49 pm
Sh!t man... Nobody here has been able to change the default tempo?? WTF!

ukaef-- I read that same section in the manual, and then found that changing the default tempo on my 500 wouldn't work either. I'm going to spend some time tonight trying to work this out. I'll either report back with instructions to do it, or a report of yet another BUG.