Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By sonseelye Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:26 pm
ok im gonna start customizing mine but heres all i got so far,i just started this morning,,by the time im done,you guys will want it..lol...well heres the first thing i did to it..

By ChrisSousa Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:45 pm
Sweet. Did you sand the sides? Or did you just spray over?
By sonseelye Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:58 pm
ChrisSousa wrote:Sweet. Did you sand the sides? Or did you just spray over?

yeah sure did...if you take the case off you will notice only three little screws hold them sides on so i just took them pieces off,sanded em down,primered them,,then the paint i use is from a hobby shop paint is called pactra,its for lexan r/c car bodies,(this stuff will NOT chip if applied right)
and then i clear coated them to a nice shine!!
By sonseelye Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:59 pm
ssnedden wrote:Damn, that looks clean. Can you please gimmie a quick rundown of how you prepped it and what paint(s) you used?
Thanks.

check the post right above this one..and thanx man!!
By sonseelye Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:03 pm
robthom wrote:Good color match.
You gonna do the base the same to match them?

im not to sure yet..i like how it looks,,but i am going to get black pads and paint every button in some type of scheme,maybe mess with the lights also..they sell this paint called"spaz stix" look it up,,,im thinking of doing something with that stuff also another r/c body paint,,super cool stuff!!
By j-no Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:11 pm
that's Nice, i like the shine! i wanna do my face plate in grey, but shiny...
By ssnedden Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:31 am
sonseelye wrote:
ssnedden wrote:Damn, that looks clean. Can you please gimmie a quick rundown of how you prepped it and what paint(s) you used?
Thanks.

check the post right above this one..and thanx man!!

Cool thanks man. Imma do it tonight, going to go to the store and see what they have,
but I'm thinking of painting the sides and the red buttons both to match the LED Blue :shock:
By sonseelye Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:49 am
^^nice idea..please post here if u do.
By ssnedden Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:15 am
I'm letting the second coat dry right now.

I sanded, alcoholed, dried, primered and now color coated, going to do clear coat after.
But it looks like it's uneven on the surface, like the paint is uneven. What did I do wrong and what should I do?

I've got the sides of my MPC and the record buttons drying as electric blue :? . Goddamit, I hope this works.

I used a silver undercoat to give it a shine (recommended by the can) so I painted my scroll wheel silver and I'll just leave it as that.
By sonseelye Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:02 am
give them another coat if you want..is it a translucent paint or is it solid??if its translucent you should give light coats,,i never use translucent because its a pain to deal with but if you get it right,,its the cats, well you know!!
By ssnedden Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:06 am
It's translucent with Silver Primer underneath.

It's looking ok now that it's drying. I might give it a third, I guess I'll judge when it's dry.

Just a few airbubbles and a little unevenness.
By sonseelye Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:39 am
yeah,,,the frigin bubles come from it being so light,,you really have to go light on the coats and do extra coats instead of heavy ones,,,,sorry man i didnt even think of you getting a translucent color,,silver is a sweet backer though...i like using white as a backer,,it seems to make it pop a little more,,,,cant wait to see it!!
By inflict3 Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:26 am
oh! this is great! i love to see everyone painting their mpc's!! sonseelye, i thought i saw ur mpc500 up on e-bay a lil bit ago, did it grow on ya,. lol... i love mine! :mrgreen: