Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By damien907 Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:07 am
penumbra.beats wrote:The Record and Overdub buttons are now black as well.

More images in the thread below.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=156798

did you have trouble painting the jog wheel and the volume/rec gain buttons?

you gotta paint the rec gain line white, then your mpc will be super pimped.

i wanted to do this exact thing when i got a mpc 500 again.
By penumbra.beats Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:00 am
damien907 wrote:
did you have trouble painting the jog wheel and the volume/rec gain buttons?

you gotta paint the rec gain line white, then your mpc will be super pimped.

i wanted to do this exact thing when i got a mpc 500 again.

I didn't have trouble with painting them, the hardest part was getting the tape over the indicator lines on the volume wheels. I figured they get used pretty often, especially the jog wheel, so I put a few coats on them.

I plan to paint the record indicator as white. I planned to do this soon because I'm going to repaint some of the buttons as well.

I think I may buy new locator buttons with the white arrows on them.
By MAVgoodnote Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:00 pm
i just called mpc stuff and talked to the owner, he says that the logo is clearly shown on the 16th/9th pad online, which i told him was bullshit, and they need to let people know what they actually are buying, then he tells me, if i dont like it, to take some 2000 grit sand paper and sand HIS logo off the pads, **** we need somewhere else to go for replacement parts.

soundcloud.com/mavgoodnote
By damien907 Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:44 am
at least he told you how to get it off.

i agree it is sorta bullshit that their logo is on there, but not bullshit enough to create an account just to **** about. handle your shit and dont just flap your lips :roll:

in the end, mpc stuff does do alot of positive things for the mpc community.
By Ill-Green Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:34 pm
I don't know man, I got the green pads and the logo is no where on it. Unless its not that noticeable, but I never saw it.
By damien907 Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:36 am
@ ill, its only on some sets of pads, on a few of the others, the logo is on the inside part that you dont see.

maybe some dont have it at all, but michael from mpc-stuff said that you can use a 10 thousand grit sandpaper to take them off if you do have them.

i personally dont want to go buy a tiny sand paper and **** with the ones on my mpc 1k cause it doesnt bother me that much, but it does to some people.

maybe if i stumble across a tiny sandpaper sometime ill try it, but otherwise im not buyin that shit.
By crossings Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:40 am
if i had a mpc500, i'd just order the pads they sell for the mpc1000 and then cut off the row of pads that has the logo on it... leaving just 12 pads from the original 16. i think that would probably do the trick.
By damien907 Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:02 pm
i think thats what inflict3 did with his. seemed to work well for him, i would just do the sandpaper thing though. i would be worried that the cut could make the pads sit wrong or something (which is probably total bulllshit anyway)
By elevated Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:31 am
Has anybody got wood sides on a 500 yet ?
By Ill-Green Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:14 pm
I had the wooden sides, but it seems the pics disappeared. Actually, it was a friend that posted it for me when I didn't have a PC or net. It should be on page 5 or 7.

Unfortunately, I don't have that MPC but I'm working on some new plans for a wooden box and toss the MPC in, but finding a thin wood like the face plate is hard. But its coming. I have the pieces already cut.
By elevated Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:40 pm
Ill-Green wrote:I'm working on some new plans for a wooden box and toss the MPC in, but finding a thin wood like the face plate is hard. But its coming. I have the pieces already cut.

Damn, keep me posted :shock: Ur talking about gutting the MPC electronics and building into a custom wooden case?
By Ill-Green Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:55 pm
elevated wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:I'm working on some new plans for a wooden box and toss the MPC in, but finding a thin wood like the face plate is hard. But its coming. I have the pieces already cut.

Damn, keep me posted :shock: Ur talking about gutting the MPC electronics and building into a custom wooden case?

Yeah, its gonna have a lid too like a small suitcase. I wanted it to look like an antique record player but its just coming out to look like an old box :lol:
By elevated Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:36 am
Ill-Green wrote:
elevated wrote:

Yeah, its gonna have a lid too like a small suitcase. I wanted it to look like an antique record player but its just coming out to look like an old box :lol:

Badass, dude. Lid to protect the face when closed right? Thing is gonna be one of a kind !