Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By bennisixx Sun May 15, 2011 5:26 pm
@ gymflesh- nice, mellow shit man! I dig it .

alright I have moved in a new direction for production now......so this was the last track I made featuring the 500. Now honestly it is very basic, drum programming, as I attempted minimalistic dynamic punch on this. Not your normal sampled shit. Not only a beat I guess.

http://bennisixx.bandcamp.com/

I hope to be on these forums for a while to come, although not a mpc user anymore I learned alot here and hope to pass it on to others. Keep up the nice work.

Ben
By GYMflesh Sat May 28, 2011 8:18 am
Cool man. I can understand you wanting to move in a new direction.

I know its sac-relig to mention any other hardware other than akai brand here but I'm getting a little fed up with my 500. It's let me down with CPU read errors a thousand times (including during live performaces) and its becoming a dealbreaker. I'm thinking of making the move to... wait for it... The Maschine *DUN DUN DUN

Anyway I'll stay here for sure- that is-if I'm allowed :)

In the meantime I'll continue to make beats with my 500.

Speaking of beats here's a new batch I cooked up the last few nights

By carloboranga Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:18 pm
dope stuff love it!

yesterday i came up with this stuff

it took almost an year to be able to start and end a decent (not totally messed up at least) beat on the 500 in hours: that's about ear and memory.. ear and memory... way funnier than DAW! i so much love the 500! =D

-> ok this was my attempt to post something from soundcloud, why doesn't it work? ^^'
-> i changed the song and it worked, no idea why...
tnx!
By thomrob Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:12 pm
carloboranga wrote:i've been redirected to other sites 3 times and it's still 40 sec before the download start -.-"

zshare's not my favorite site

Thats interesting.

I put the link into my secondary browser without popup blockers and there is some shiesty crap on there.

But in my regular browser with popup and flash blockers I dont see any of that and I only get the straight dl link.

But in my regular browser soundcloud wont play, soundcloud only works in my secondary browser without any blockers installed.