Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By BLiTzZD Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:17 pm
Workin on a beat last night.... everything is going just peachy.

So I decide to move my MPC to a more reachable area on my work table. I picked it up and heard "Ching ching chang clang.. tink.tink.tink."

I'm like wtf is that noize... so I gave it a little shake. 'ting ting ting", and I decide to open the battery compartment.

Give a little shake and "ting ting SPROING!" a little silver metal clip launches out of the unit.

It's shaped like a "U" and is not flat. it has a little bend in it... looks like some type of retention clip. Its about the size of a dime, maybe a bit smaller.

Anybody know what this may be???? I'm a little worried it's important, but the unit seems to work alright.

I don't have a pic right now, I'll try to get one up if I can figure it out.
By BLiTzZD Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:41 pm
fawn wrote:doesn't the 500 run on batteries? is it one of the contacts for the batts?

I thought of that but they are all there. It fell out from behind the battery compartment
By BLiTzZD Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:53 pm
Automageddon wrote:You 500 was pregnant and gave birth to a baby MPC. Keep that pin save, it will grow into a full MPC-500.

LMFAO :lol: :lol:

It must only be an MPC-5 now then....
By BLiTzZD Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:38 pm
Menco wrote:I think somebody or somthing is tapping ur mpc and steeling all ur beats. Trust no one.

i'm suspicious of you now ??? ... Nobody else thought of that :lol: 8)
By Menco Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:17 pm
But for real, don't u have a picture of the piece of metal, cause I'm getting quite curious.

Maybe I can tell if it's made by the CIA or FBI :wink:
By BLiTzZD Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:26 pm
Menco wrote:But for real, don't u have a picture of the piece of metal, cause I'm getting quite curious.

Maybe I can tell if it's made by the CIA or FBI :wink:

I'll take a pic when i get home. Maybe its the taliban.
By Kegeratorz Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:15 pm
BLiTzZD wrote:Here's the piece.

First time uploading a pic here so if this doesn't work it aint my fault

Any answer on this? Happened with my 500 last night. Kept rebooting and hanging at the startup screen. Picked it up, heard the rattle. Had to take it apart to get it out.