Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By edgecom Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:27 am
This thread is killing it with responses. thanks again.

Right now I have my MPC outputting a signal through 2 1/4in to XLR cables that go into individual channels on my mixer. Should I pan each channel to opposite sides? 1 cable does the same thing it seems that 2 does, except 2 just has a higher volume, crisper sound. I feel like what I have is just redundant, and not giving me any gain.

Am I making any sense?

RE: looping.

I cut up a wav in ableton and im trying to loop it. I went through TRIM -> LOOP : ON , but when I go to my PAD the sample is on it only plays through 1 time.
By NearTao Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:42 pm
Even if you get it to 'work' properly you cannot sustain a loop like this on an MPC, the volume fades out over time.

You're much better off playing your loops assigned to a pad, and just recording a note hit at the start of the bar.

With a clever use of mute groups you can get different loops to start and cut others out.
By edgecom Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:37 pm
Ok. So it is bad form, but still I want to know at least how to accomplish it. I know I am just being stupid with a certain setting or something.

I am going through a guided tutorial and posting anything that causes a hiccup. This is my current hiccup.
By Bruce Willes Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:00 pm
I need to know if there's a way to decrease the level of the preheared samples? I mean when i'm in Mode>Load>Sample and press "Play"...

Can anyone help me out here?

Peace