Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By cthulu nation Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:27 pm
if i understood everything correctly it should be possible to play different sequences on different tracks at the same time.

ive been able to set things up so i can trigger a synth when track 1 is selected, and trigger a different one when track 2 is selected (on different midi channels), but so far i can get a sequence to play from track 1, but nothing from track 2 (i have "MIDI" + channel 2 selected).

im running midi through a splitter and into a volca and a blofeld, both of which are on different channels.

any help would be appreciated.
By motosega Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:58 am
as far as I know you can't put sequences on different tracks as such.
when you load a MIDI file into a sequence it goes into track 1

you can however copy data from one sequence to annother, selecting specific tracks to copy.

just load two MIDI files into sequence 1 and sequence 2 then use sequence edit to copy track 1 for seq2 into track 2 of sequence 1
By cthulu nation Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:25 pm
motosega wrote:as far as I know you can't put sequences on different tracks as such.
when you load a MIDI file into a sequence it goes into track 1

you can however copy data from one sequence to annother, selecting specific tracks to copy.

just load two MIDI files into sequence 1 and sequence 2 then use sequence edit to copy track 1 for seq2 into track 2 of sequence 1

finally getting around to trying this - but having trouble choosing the track# in the "to" and "from" for copying sequences.. maybe this is easier in the mpc1000? but im only seeing options to move sequences WITHIN the track. am i missing something?! thanks..

By astromonk108 Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:15 pm
theres 48 tracks in each sequence, not the other way around. i think thats where youre confused