Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Toon Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:39 pm
Hey,

I recently got the mpc 500 and I'm loving it. However I keep running into the problem where my mpc tells my the memory is insufficient. When i load up just about 7 pads or record like 3 samples onto pads it's even displaying 'insufficient memory.' I did some research on it and found that it could be the RAM causing this. But i figured there has to be another way to fix this given the fact that i'm not recording enormous songs but just loading up a few samples.
Can someone please help me with this?

Regards
Toon Bosch
By Toon Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:20 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:How much ram do you have installed? There's only 16mb by default, that will soon disappear with a few stereo samples.

I think it's the default ram, so I guess it's 16mb. Weird that it has so little memory. Where can you buy a ram with more space? And how should you install it?
By distortedtekno Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:46 pm
You'll find the ram cheap on ebay. Upgrading is easy. There's a small door with a screw on the bottom of the unit. Open it up and replace it carefully since the slot is delicate. You should be able to find videos on youtube that'll show you how to upgrade safely.
By Ill-Green Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:53 pm
Word. Whatcha need is the 128MB RAM card home skillens. Though I've heard good results with a 256MB chip but only 128MBs of it, is gonna get read by the 500. Like Distorted said they on ebay for cheap, even Amazon. Get it the right tools for the right job.
By distortedtekno Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:58 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Word. Whatcha need is the 128MB RAM card home skillens. Though I've heard good results with a 256MB chip but only 128MBs of it, is gonna get read by the 500. Like Distorted said they on ebay for cheap, even Amazon. Get it the right tools for the right job.

The 128mb ram will actually read 64mb, if I remember correctly. So a 256MB PC 133 144PIN CL3 SODIMM is the type to look for.
By Toon Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:41 pm
Thanks for your input!
I have bought an 256MB PC 133 144PIN CL3 SODIMM RAM from amazon. The brand was A-Tech.
When I inserted the RAM, It showed a screen 'Sodimm Test (128 MB) Pass 1:' with a percentage loading. When it reached 50% it says 'Memory problem, check the memory'.
Did I do something wrong? Or is it a bad RAM. And if so, can someone give me a link to a good one that will ship to the Netherlands?

Thanks!
By ZeusTheElevated Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:12 pm
Toon wrote:Thanks for your input!
I have bought an 256MB PC 133 144PIN CL3 SODIMM RAM from amazon. The brand was A-Tech.
When I inserted the RAM, It showed a screen 'Sodimm Test (128 MB) Pass 1:' with a percentage loading. When it reached 50% it says 'Memory problem, check the memory'.
Did I do something wrong? Or is it a bad RAM. And if so, can someone give me a link to a good one that will ship to the Netherlands?

Thanks!

Hey man never heard of that, might just be a bad piece of RAM. Literally any of these should do:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=25 ... 3&_sacat=0
By Toon Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:24 pm
Thanks! I'll give it another shot with one of these ones.
By ZeusTheElevated Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:46 pm
Toon wrote:Thanks! I'll give it another shot with one of these ones.

No worries man. I totally understand how frustrating this kind of thing can be.