Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By psoul Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:40 pm
so i made some research and i still dunno if is it normal or not noise input

i'ts not a ground problem, it occurs both with ac power and battery (fresh) and it will be in saved file

somebody says is due to some mpc500 only, prob those made in Taiwan or China, whatsoever if u have experience and u are not a kid please reports some info,both if u have clean (really clean input) or if u experienced noise
thanks in advance
By Ill-Green Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:12 am
My 500 was made in Malaysia. I have excellent sound for I been using it since 2009 (actually since 2006 but that MPC was plagued by rats so I bought a new one, however, the old 500 was made in Taiwan).

No issues of noise. I have the master volume at 0dB too. Your problem sounds familiar to the BOSS SP-505. That had white noise going on in the background and samples it in. Issue was the effects routing but it can't be fixed.
By jian Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:12 am
Not too sure about input noise because I rarely record into the 500, but my unit is plagued with the high pitched electronic whine when I turn it on and when it's loading samples from the CF card. This happens regardless of fresh/old batteries, being powered by AC or not or having back light turned on or off. I mostly use the 500 with headphones, but I can still hear the while though the main outs. I don't think it's a grounding issue.

The one trick that seems to help it is to turn up main volume knob between 1 and 3 o'clock. This seems to be the sweet spot where the whine is the lowest. I find if the main volume knob is turned down low or pinned I hear the loudest whine.

My unit was made in Malaysia. Is this supposed to be one of the noisy units? Do you guys have same issue?
By inflict3 Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:30 am
i have a tiny whine, loading type noise too.. never really bothered me too much.
By psoul Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:00 am
thanks guys, but i'm into the record input noise
u can hear as soon as u switch into record mode
By Ill-Green Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:55 pm
I know of this whine sound but its normal and happens to every electronic device that reads and loads data. Its like a faint squeal but its only the CPU within the device doing its work. It stops immediately after loading and saving so its no biggie to me.

The issue the OP has, is affecting his samples though. Its like someone is holding a mic to a fan while you sampling something at the same time. My two MPC500s do not have this white noise.

Another solution, someone here thought to resolder the circuitry for the input and output/headphone out and it fixed the white noise problem.
By psoul Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:11 pm
hey thanks

well i have an mpc1000 and it has no prob, so it's related to MPC500 only

i read u have 2, so if u use headphones for example and switch to record mode u have no noise at all? at all?
in case please can u tell where ur mpc were manufactured?
By jian Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:03 am
Just tested the recording input of my 500 through headphones and my through my monitors. No noise here whatsoever even with the recording gain pinned.
By psoul Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:58 am
jian wrote:Just tested the recording input of my 500 through headphones and my through my monitors. No noise here whatsoever even with the recording gain pinned.

thank you very much
could u tell me where the mpc were manufactured? there should be a sticker on the bottom
best
By inflict3 Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:43 pm
my shit don't say where its from, those stickers on the bottom have completely worn off..
By Ill-Green Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:56 pm
Sorry bro got stuck with a few hours more last night.

But I checked this morning and its air-tight quiet, with and without the inputs connected.

Perhaps, its oxidation. Is it a second hand MPC? Maybe the old owner spilled something in there.
By psoul Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:22 am
Ill-Green wrote:Sorry bro got stuck with a few hours more last night.

But I checked this morning and its air-tight quiet, with and without the inputs connected.

Perhaps, its oxidation. Is it a second hand MPC? Maybe the old owner spilled something in there.

thanks man!