Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By inflict3 Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:25 am
Let us know what you find out if you start trying to fix it..not sure where i would began. .so its only in record mode u hear this noise? If u switch the button on or off does it change? How about when u turn it to sampe internal, is the noise there then?
By psoul Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:50 am
well it's only only in record mode (MODE + PAD4) and only with external input, if i switch to internal no noise
if i sample yes the noise is in the sample, so it's just that
i have an mpc1000 too and it's dead silent, that's why i notice, maybe is just "normal" for mpc500
By inflict3 Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:13 pm
psoul wrote:well it's only only in record mode (MODE + PAD4) and only with external input, if i switch to internal no noise
if i sample yes the noise is in the sample, so it's just that
i have an mpc1000 too and it's dead silent, that's why i notice, maybe is just "normal" for mpc500

nope, its not normal.. you know the lil button by the record inputs? what happens when you press/depress that?? does it help?? my first thing i would replace based on what you said your issue is would be the record inputs and go down the line from there.. wiggle the record gain know and see it any new noises happen, wiggle and press the button beside the record inputs and see if its in that.. what you could try is buy some deoxit and spray a little into the record inputs, then turn the mpc up on its back and let the deoxit dry in there and see if that makes a difference, did u buy ur mpc500 second hand, or new?? i bet its those inputs or something in that area….. you could send mike at mpcstuff.com an email and see what he thinks it could be, send him a link to this thread too..hope this helps…. also what happens when you try and record in with the mono setting selected with just one cable in the left record input??
By psoul Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:26 pm
hey y thanks for the reply

i think it's more the ADC converter the problem... and i read a lot of other people with the same problem
probably a bunch of mpc500 have this issue... that at the end of the day it's not a big problem to me becauuse it appears a bit as a **** 12bit sampler to be honest :)
that kind of digital artefact i even like
anyway will try to find an other 500 to check
By Ill-Green Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:10 pm
You know the MPC500 can pass signals even when off. Try to connect a CD player to the inputs while its turned off and check if you hear that noise from your speakers.

If its a clean sound then its not the circuitry, its a bug in the OS. Reinstalling OS 1.31 will do the trick.