Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By $lang gemz Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:56 pm
hey yall was thinking of buying this mpc 500 and fixing it up from what i read in the auction it has a faulty mainboard an says that it doesnt have any memory when turned on ( see question section of the auction listing ) is this an easy fix or a cheap replacement part or is not even worth the hassle ? as i live in new zealand parts arent exactly easy to come by. any advice is much appreciated. link below

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... 1020591790
By Ill-Green Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:02 am
Don't know whats to be fixed but the memory thing is an easy fix.

If its missing the internal 16MB RAM, then you just need to buy the 128MB RAM from amazon.com and hook it up. The computer will overlook its missing internal memory and will read the 128MB card instead.
By $lang gemz Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:43 am
the person said it needs a new main board whatever that is and that it still plays the internal sounds im guessing thats the flash rom in it the sounds that come stock with the unit but it wont store or load samples. thanks for the info im lost if it may be a good deal or not
By Ill-Green Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:28 am
Hmm, doesn't sound like the main board if samples can be played. Sounds more like the card reader is defected. If you can get it for $90 would be a steal. I don't live in New Zealand or know that site, but if you know how to solder and repair electronics, then go for it.

If it was the main board, that 500 would be a brick.