Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By threshed Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:42 am
Hi all,

Every time I copy a portion from:
Sequence 1, Tracks A1-D,
to Sequence 2, Tracks A1-D
All pads, In 1.01.00, Out 1.03.00,
Start 1.01.00, Repeat 4 times, Replace...
the only track that copies is Track A1 (kick drum). I wish to copy and paste all tracks and pads for the duration of 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, etc, to and from sequence(s). Is there a limitation or setting that I am unaware of?

Thank you
By RobS Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:45 pm
You can use 'Copy bars' from Seq. Edit mode. That way you copy all events.
By inflict3 Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:42 pm
i copy everything from one seq to the next then erase the tracks/pads i didn't want to copy, its just faster with my workflow on the 500.
By threshed Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:24 am
I will be importing into Logic the same way it is that it is done here with Ableton: http://www.mpc-tutor.com/mpc-ableton-live-tutorial/ ... or recording the tracks into daw via midi.
After chopping the bars including all tracks included into 1/2, 1/4, and 1/8 notes and recompiling into bars by copying and pasting, I will import or record the bars back into the 500, do some editing and deleting, as well as trigger them and record in song mode.
Very much like this:
Ill-Green wrote:I don't mess with all that. I resample stems to pads and create my tracks. Then record it into the sequencer at 99 bars like a tape recorder.

..which I use to love to do with complex drum breaks, but now instead of using any layered audio segments, I prefer to do the same with midi, because I like to be able to employ track muting and make velocity changes, as well as add midi data at any time during the creation of the song without having to stop, edit, and resample another version of a layered sample. Not to mention retaining the ability track out everything (each sample) individually for a much better mix in the daw, and freely apply effects per instance of sound, not to mention bussing tricks like side chaining. This works best when you assign a channel per track (daw), a track per pad (mpc), and a pad per sound (sample). The more separation, the more possibilities there are for control. Not just for mix down, but also for composition.

Thanks for all the insight! It really helped me put this in enough of a perspective to get this technique in order. I hope it you all benefit from it as well.