Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By JaccCetch Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:59 pm
Hey fam thanks for the wealth of knowledge! I'm new to the 500, hell new to the MPC period. I come from a Maschine background. Got the 500 dirt cheap and she was extra clean, so I couldn't resist. I hear/read all the negs about the 500 but so far I LOVE IT!

Something I can't figure out though (maybe mine is damaged) the Main Volume knob doesn't control the main volume?!? I know about the volume staging under MODE/OTHER but why is that knob there if it's not controlling volume??? I thought at first "ok it's true analog out" so I plugged 1/4" from output of MPC into my rack mixer....still it's not controlling volume in any way...could the fam shed some light for me PLEASE?!?

Thanks,
Cetch
By inflict3 Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:16 am
the main vol knob should turn ur whole mpc up, not sure what the deal could be.
By JaccCetch Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:12 pm
Preciate the response bro. Yeah I think there is an issue so I just bought the slider/volume PCM from MPCStuff. Gonna try
That replacement and see what happens. But if you could explain something too me please. So once I get this Main Volume working if
I have, lets say, the Master Volume (MODE/OTHER) set to -6 what type of gain stage will the Main Volume give me?? Would the MainVolume knob (at max) stop at the -6 max?? Is that how it works? That's what I'm thinking...
By JaccCetch Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:03 pm
just to let folks know, yes it was the SLIDER/VOLUME PCM board. Grabbed a new one from MPCStuff, put it in...works like a champ. Very easy istall as well. Thanks fam!
By inflict3 Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:19 pm
good to know!! glad you got that problem fixed :smoker:
By fuzuku Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:35 pm
I gotta open mine up because it stopped working as well, but luckily it has some gain on it.

As we all know the different volume in the 500 gives you different sounds, so I kinda need that back right now. It got stuck very low too so there's lots of background noise even tho I'm "pumping" it with a Stereo before my Mixer In. And I have to super compress it before so it doesn't over flow with Noise.

Is there anywhere a schematic or anything help related as in how to fix the volume knob of a 500? I gotta do it myself, I don't trust technicians where I live, plus they charge like 5x normal price. So can't do it.