Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Steve Leyshon Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:32 pm
I've recently bought a second hand mpc 500 and when I go to use the track mute/solo function to mute certain samples/drum hits it doesn't work! Could anyway shed any light onto why it ain't working before I kill someone.

THANKS!
By RobS Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:05 pm
I think you're confusing pads & tracks. The way they're named makes it seem that they're somehow related, but they're not...

You can record events from all pads into one track, but when you want to mute them separately, you need to record each pad on separate track (go to 'Track' mode & scroll the wheel when on A1-Track01).

What I usually do tho is keeping tracks & pads "in sync" (e.g. when I have kick on B1, then I record the kicks on track 'B2-Track13'). Makes it easier to remember.

Please refer to page 25 of the manual (you can find it online if you don't have one) for more information on track mode.
By Steve Leyshon Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:05 pm
RobS wrote:I think you're confusing pads & tracks. The way they're named makes it seem that they're somehow related, but they're not...

You can record events from all pads into one track, but when you want to mute them separately, you need to record each pad on separate track (go to 'Track' mode & scroll the wheel when on A1-Track01).

What I usually do tho is keeping tracks & pads "in sync" (e.g. when I have kick on B1, then I record the kicks on track 'B2-Track13'). Makes it easier to remember.

Please refer to page 25 of the manual (you can find it online if you don't have one) for more information on track mode.

Ahh okay that must be where I'm going wrong then! Thank you for your replies you've been most helpful! :)