Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By ChuyLocs602 Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:17 am
A late night for me and its dead on this board so Im curious to how many are still actively using the mpc500 in their productions? Im a new user but hyped up. Im currently in the process of customizing it. I bought a new screen and plan on making it red on black (by soldering just the pin for the red right?) and getting white thick fat pads. I wanted to get white glow pads but it looks like they dont have any for the 500. I also started sampling sounds from my prophet6 for 4 octaves of notes and, loading them to a program in bank b-d to use them as instruments, for example. A bassline patch sampled, labeled, in mono and on note mode, works well.
By RobS Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:07 pm
Bought it at the beginning of the summer and can't get enough.

Still finding new stuff too! Just recently i've found that you can "12level" with other velocity params and it sounds awesome! (raising vel->filter and vel->start while keeping vel->level=0).

One thing I'm struggling with is subbass.. EQ and compression is hard on this thing! I mean, how do you get your bass to pump like this?! https://johnrobinson.bandcamp.com/track/pushing-keys

I simply love it. Also, watching guys like LawrinMaxwell (Brigade), JFilt (Verysickbeats) or hedtec still gives me lots of inspiration...
By inflict3 Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:20 am
Love my 500.. Did the beat tape below in my signature with mines, also painted mine while and screen printed the text back on and soldered all blue LEDs in it and put fat black 1000pads in it so I don't have to have that damn mpcstuff logo on the pad..
By Brigade Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:59 pm
mattman121775 wrote:Ayatollah!

Dope that Ayatollah uses the 500!!!
By Brigade Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:02 pm
inflict3 wrote:Love my 500.. Did the beat tape below in my signature with mines, also painted mine while and screen printed the text back on and soldered all blue LEDs in it and put fat black 1000pads in it so I don't have to have that damn mpcstuff logo on the pad..

The mpc 500 is my fav foreal, been using it since 2010. Peace bro
By Brigade Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:05 pm
RobS wrote:Bought it at the beginning of the summer and can't get enough.

Still finding new stuff too! Just recently i've found that you can "12level" with other velocity params and it sounds awesome! (raising vel->filter and vel->start while keeping vel->level=0).

One thing I'm struggling with is subbass.. EQ and compression is hard on this thing! I mean, how do you get your bass to pump like this?! https://johnrobinson.bandcamp.com/track/pushing-keys

I simply love it. Also, watching guys like LawrinMaxwell (Brigade), JFilt (Verysickbeats) or hedtec still gives me lots of inspiration...

Thanks for the shout out RobS :worthy: :worthy:
By Trinzik Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:21 pm
Just picked up my mpc500 about a week ago, Im loving it!
By Kegeratorz Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:42 am
Just got mine yesterday, whoa, there's lots to learn. Wanted one since they came out, should have never waited.
By inflict3 Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:02 am
Don't sleep on the eBook on this site for the mpc500. Lots of dope tips in there!