Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By ultramar Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:17 pm
Hi to every one!

Im have doubt.

Im use the MPC for sampling and midi sequencing.

Im set a Program Change for each midi synth.

The example is this:

Sequence 1: Piano (From Synt)
In the step 01:00:00 sounds a C note.

I try to insert a Program change in the Step 01:00:00 to change the patch to 85 (PC 85), but, if I do it, the C note not sound (and make the program change).

If I have a Chord in 1:00:00 and insert a Program change in the same step, the chord not sound.

Can not the MPC send two events at the same time?

In a chord, can send 3 or more note events at the same time, why cant sent a the same time a Program change and a note?

Thanks to all!!!
By RobS Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:39 pm
Hello.

It definitely can send multiple events at the same time, including program change.
You can test that it works by assigning program number to your regular program (mode PROGRAM->Program Number) and then inserting the event.

But why it doesn't work with your external device - not sure what could be the problem...
You could try to record the MIDI into the computer so you could analyze the events in it (I don't have a cable right now, but I will try it at weekend...)

Just a thought: Could it be possible that it is your external device that doesn't support prg. change & note at once?

Anyway, as a work-around: I think that moving the note to 001.01.01 wouldn't be noticeable to most human ears ;)
By CraigFrost Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:10 am
I'm trying to get program changes to work also. Have yet to get anything to work. Maybe Ultramar and myself should try using a new track in the sequence just for the PC and set that track to it's own midi channel. That should solve the problem I would think. But like I said I haven't had anything work in regards to PC yet. Not even something screwy. Been posting and trolling forums for over a month. Manual is vague as hell. Can't wait to try this. I have to get PC working. It's a must and last problem with my setup.