Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By fuzuku Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:08 am
Hey guys, before going thru the hoops, wanted to know if any of you got it down

I want to connect my MPC500 thru a USB cable, the other end Midi out, so to make my PC a slave to the MPC and the other way around.

So when I hit play in my MPC Ableton starts running, and the other way around, when I hit Play in Ableton my MPC starts running alongside all the tracks or songs sending the midi notes of the MPC to my Midi Modules (requires changing the midi in n out connections for the two modes)

This is the usb cable in question:

http://imgur.com/a/XMaN4
By inflict3 Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:31 pm
i got one of these cables, it sucks ass, it works with my mpd32, and i believe my mpc1000 but it doesn't work at all with my mpc500, u need one of those midi interface boxes or something to that extent :vomit:
By fuzuku Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:17 pm
No Lamp Dog bro, i mean the USB in the computer, the midi in or out In the MPC. Thanks tho for the detailed page number in case that that were the case.

Inflict, at themoment i have barely money for a usb cable

By any chance, do you know if the implementation of the MPD32 that says that it can route Midi in ABleton may be able to have Ableton Recieve or Send the Master Midi Clock of the 500?

Explained easier, I connect my MPC500 to my MPD32 thu Midi, Mpd thru Usb to muy computer, in Ableton choose:

1-If you would like to use the physical midi in to route midi from another controller then choose Track On for input 3.

2-If you would like to use another controller via the MPD or MPK’s MIDI in port then turn Remote On for input 3. To route Control Change messages through the MIDI out port on the MPD or MPK, turn Remote On for output 2.
By Lampdog Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:13 am
I'm **** up, your right, I'm wrong. Pardon while I go kick my own ass.
By inflict3 Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:33 am
Yea. Run ur mpc500 through ur mpd midi in that works.
By fuzuku Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:37 pm
lol Lampdog :)

Gonna try tomorrow Inflict, you know, if at the first time don't work, and if the manuals are muddy and not so accurate, try for 4 hours lol

I'll post the results here.
By fuzuku Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:57 am
Yeah, got it working at first try, 5 minutes in.

What had me thinking if it would work or not was the MPD32 USB connection to my PC.

So if anyone wants to try out, or needs a similar setup, follow the above instructions.

Basically what I have now, is my MPC500 running master in Ableton, the same MPC tracking (sending notes) to a couple of Midi Modules and Drum Machines, and at the end of the Chain, the MPD32 with the Midi Clock in activated thru all the other devices, midi in, and sending midi notes to Ableton, connected USB to the PC.

So, Ableton Preferences:

Input one: Track on
Input two: Remote on
Input three: Track, Sync, Remote On

MPC Midi out to Midi devices, Midi in Keyboard

MPD at the end of the Chain Midi in,and connected thru USB to the PC

EXT Button on in Ableton, doesn't drop.

Any questions send me a Prvt Message, I'll be glad to help.

Tomorrow or when I feel like switching probs will try, Ableton sending notes to Midi Chained devices, MPC500 running as slave, or something similar.