Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Ill-Green Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:56 am
Couldn't find an Akai carrying case for the 500, so I took the little guy with me to Best Buys and tried out all the laptop carrying cases. Found a 8x12 case that fit the 500 snug. For stands, I've built my own out of wood or used small stools. I prefer to build my own since I can get an exact height to my liking.
By ChuyLocs602 Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:33 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Couldn't find an Akai carrying case for the 500, so I took the little guy with me to Best Buys and tried out all the laptop carrying cases. Found a 8x12 case that fit the 500 snug. For stands, I've built my own out of wood or used small stools. I prefer to build my own since I can get an exact height to my liking.
cool thanks for the tip.i dont know if i'll be handy enough to build my own but, when there is a will there is a way. I might have to try those out. Ive seen a few websites where they make custom stabds for things like korg volcas, electribes, etc. i was hoping i'd find something like those but no luck yet.
By inflict3 Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:42 pm
I got one of those portable DVD player cases from RadioShack, the brand was icon. I've been using that since like 2009. It fits it perfectly and is snug, it has a little pocket on the backside for ur cf cards and some wires..
By Ill-Green Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:00 pm
ChuyLocs602 wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Couldn't find an Akai carrying case for the 500, so I took the little guy with me to Best Buys and tried out all the laptop carrying cases. Found a 8x12 case that fit the 500 snug. For stands, I've built my own out of wood or used small stools. I prefer to build my own since I can get an exact height to my liking.
cool thanks for the tip.i dont know if i'll be handy enough to build my own but, when there is a will there is a way. I might have to try those out. Ive seen a few websites where they make custom stabds for things like korg volcas, electribes, etc. i was hoping i'd find something like those but no luck yet.

Oh gotcha, you mean like one of these bad boys?

Yeah, I saw a bunch on ebay but none for the MPC500. I saw a nice one for the SP404SX too. There is guy on facebook that will make it for you. I'll come back with his contact info.

EDIT:This is his page.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/186499739 ... 8445923921