Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By chubs420 Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:22 pm
could anyone help me with instructions on how to use this thing on the FPC plugin :/ ive been a FL daw beat maker for well over 2 years an know quite a bit this is my first sampler/drum machine ive ever had and i dont really know to much on how to use i do still want to learn to make my beats on the hardware itself but i just want to make something already so im trying to use this thing thru midi i got it like 3 days ago an have just been researching i did find some things about usin the 500 on FL an have tried it but no luck :/ help needed
By mr_debauch Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:56 pm
the 500 is a standalone sampler/sequencer ... it works with out a computer. fl studio is WAY WAY WAY more powerful than the 500... why do you need your fl studio to have the 500 involved? what is the 500 bringing to the table? And why did you get the 500 if you plan on using fl studio to make beats on the 500?

Here is a tip. Make music/audio/songs with the 500 AWAY from the computer.... record that into your computer... and then import that inside FL studio to develop it further.... using the 500 to sequence FL is ridiculous and a downgrade from FL's sequencer.
By chubs420 Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:58 am
damn you right :( flowers now i need like a million questions answered about how to use this thing but you right imma try my best been reading the manual an watching videos about this all day lol thnx for the pep talk :)
By mr_debauch Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:08 am
i think maybe to start out... connect something like a turn table, or your phone... or a cd player to the input on the 500. listen to some music through the 500... i mean old music you can maybe get some samples from. try to find cool sounding things... maybe something you can loop. then record some drums from somewhere and chop them up to lay them across the pads and try to make some cool sounding loops.

i suggest using it like a tape recorder... record things into it and see how you can mess with those recordings. The way the 500 will inspire you to think of different things you otherwise wouldn't have thought to make on FL.
By inflict3 Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:31 pm
mr_debauch wrote:i think maybe to start out... connect something like a turn table, or your phone... or a cd player to the input on the 500. listen to some music through the 500... i mean old music you can maybe get some samples from. try to find cool sounding things... maybe something you can loop. then record some drums from somewhere and chop them up to lay them across the pads and try to make some cool sounding loops.

i suggest using it like a tape recorder... record things into it and see how you can mess with those recordings. The way the 500 will inspire you to think of different things you otherwise wouldn't have thought to make on FL.

THIS!!! :worthy:
By chubs420 Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:42 am
so now i got an actual question about my mpc500 i sampled some drums and a loop an assigned them to pads 1-4 an even created a program for them but when i go back to the sequencer an press the pads i cant hear anything maybe i have them muted? i did mess around with it first time i started messing with it an i remeber at some point i had a pad assigned an i could play it but now i dont hear anything :(
By chubs420 Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:10 am
so i recorded the pads right now an i could hear the sound but i can't hear them before i record like it only gives me the sound when its already been recorded and i press play
By chubs420 Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:53 am
so update i read on here someone else had the same problem they said that a factory reset fixed it an so i tried it an it worked for the factory samples an those little demo songs they had i was pressing the pads an it worked again! i just loaded my cf card an it still works lets goooo!!!