Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Ianpc77 Sat May 13, 2017 12:10 pm
Hi I'm new to the mpc family . I've just got my first mpc , a 500 that needs repairing . I need a pcb , the front right hand side that contains the rec, over dub , stop and play buttons ( it's these that don't work after the previous owner dropped it ) the pcb is broken on one corner hence the need for a replacement . I have sourced one from mpc stuff but wondered if there was a supplier in the U.K. ?
Any help / advice is greatly appreciated.
By Ianpc77 Sat May 13, 2017 2:58 pm
Or rather ...I can source from mpc stuff but want to check first for U.K. Supplier .
By Ill-Green Sun May 14, 2017 1:08 am
There used to be an mpcstuff.uk but I think they only deal with cosmetics like colored pads and side wood panels.

However, I have 2 MPC500s, one I use for parts. It just has no rubber pads and no side panels.
By Ianpc77 Sun May 14, 2017 6:23 pm
Thanks guys for the replies .
I'm going to have a proper look at the pcb later to see what I can do. I noticed this morning when playing about with it that the volume also didn't work... on closer inspection the soldered joints were all coming away from the pcb and I couldn't re solder them as I had nothing to solder to! But I managed to solder little jumper leads to each relevant connection and got it to work perfectly for now. So I'm hoping I may be be able to do the same with the play pcb .
I'll let you know how I go on. If I can't fix it I'll either contact akai or go via mpc stuff or look out for 2nd hand pcb.
By Ianpc77 Tue May 16, 2017 10:54 pm
Just an update .....
I took a look at the right hand pcb ( with the play and rec etc buttons on it ) there is a small crack across the circuit path . I have soldered jumper cables from components affected by the crack .....and it only works !!
So for now I'll leave it as it is and have a play and learn how to use it !