Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Ianpc77 Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:08 pm
Hi ,
I'm new to the mpc500 but have been getting along quite nicely learning how to sample and create sequences , saving etc.
The one thing I really want to do is create a bunch of songs ( to play as a set list ) and sequence them back to back . The manual states this can be done but does not show how.
I have made a few songs and converted them to sequence , but can't figure out how to then arrange them back to back in a long song.
I've tried loading each song sequence to separate sequence slots... 1 , 2, 3 etc with a view to then create a song but the sequences when loaded don't play ....I have to load entire project or songs and seq to hear them but then I can't do that for each song .
Am I missing something spectacular? I thought I was doing well using the manual but I've hit a brick wall. Any help is greatly appreciated.
By Ianpc77 Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:45 am
A quick update... I've been playing about trying to figure this out . I managed to get somewhere but it seems very long winded to me.
I have 3 songs that I have converted each to sequence . I then rec main each one in turn and save as samples . Then I loaded each sample in turn and assigned to separate pads.
I then made 3 new sequences each one using one of my new samples so basically ending up with my 3 original songs in sequence form next to each other ... seq 1,2 and 3. I can now play them in turn as I like without having to load one, play it , load another . ( obviously I cant do that on stage in between songs).
It works but I have a feeling there must be an easier way to do this.
Can anyone shed any light please. ?
By still_awake Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:20 pm
Youll have to make a programm containing all of the samples and load that. Then if you need them played back to back why creating three songs instead of one in the first place. Again though if you make a program with all the samples you wont have the problem of loading the project . You really need to reread the manual on loading and saving.