Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Eduard Vila Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:47 am
Hello,

I'm a begginer on MPC 500.
If I understand correctly, the sequence option works always like you start to record different sounds in the same tempo and finally you have a sequence recorded.
But, if I'm doing a live show, can I activate and desactivate some sounds of a recorded sequence?
I mean, I activate the drums after, for example.

And another question. Every time I want to use a program, I have to load it form the flash card?

Thank you so much (and sorry for ovbius questions)!
By MPC-Tutor Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:10 am
You can mute (temporarily deactivate) tracks in real time via the 'track mute' screen (been a while on the 500, but I believe it assigns each track to a pad for easy live muting).

When you switch off your PC500 the entire memory is wiped so you'll have to re-load your project next time you switch on. There is a small amount of internal flash ram that can auto load your favourite kit, and there's an option to autoload an entire folder of sounds from the CF card when you initially switch on.
By Eduard Vila Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:31 am
Thanks!

When I load a program the machine says to me "insuficcient memory". I load 6 .wavs but the total megas aren't 128. Aprox 30 megas.

Am I doing something wrong?
By MPC-Tutor Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:27 am
There's a sticky post at the top of this mpc500 forum with RAM recommendations - just switch off the MPC, unplug, unscrew the cover underneath the unit, touch something metal to release any static (radiator, metal computer case etc) and put the new RAM in.

My book will help with all things MPC500: http://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/ ... he-mpc500/