Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Toris Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:00 am
Sorry to drag this up again but the links in the previous threads about this no longer work.

I'm looking to delete all my stuff from my MPC500 Factory CF card and replace it with the original factory data before I sell the MPC. I've emailed Akai support but had no reply.

Could anyone provide a working link for everything that needs to be on the CF card i.e. Factory samples, sequences etc please?

Thanks for your help
By Toris Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:14 pm
Do all the files in that zip folder need unzipping then placing in the root of the CF card or the autoload folder?
By MPC-Tutor Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:38 pm
Toris wrote:Do all the files in that zip folder need unzipping then placing in the root of the CF card or the autoload folder?

Well they don't need to do anything, they are not a requirement for the MPC to function. I can't remember how the CF was originally set up but I would just unzip and chuck them in the root - I'm sure the new owner will almost instantly delete them regardless.
By Toris Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:48 pm
I agree they are useless but I just like to reset my gear as best as I can before I sell it. Thanks for your help, much appreciated