Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By insted Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:27 am
Just got my 500, probably happier with it than any other bit of gear I've ever owned. It's mad weird but the little quirks are what make it interesting to me. Mine's paired with an MC-303 right now which is where all my drum kits plus synth and bass are coming from. I got the fat pads from MPCstuff on the way bc man these stock ones are shit.

I had a 2kxl for a minute but had to sell it due to space issues. I'm in a pretty small apartment and my main workspace is dedicated to the turntables and mixer. The 500 is amazing for how small it is, totally gives me what I needed to start composing again outside my laptop.

I'm mostly interested in making house and detroit techno and I'm curious who else is making this style on their 500? I'd love to hear what yall cooking up... talk favorite artists too n trax too...

I'll try to upload a video this weekend using the track mute method to build up and break down some grooves.

But yea, yo, first time poster, what's good happy to be here hope to hear from yall :-D