Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By DjDiskmachine Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:35 am
Hello
I've been using my MPC500 for quite a while and have grown accustomed to the UI over time.
The other day I was doing some edits and, as always, chose "save entire memory to autoload"-option before turning it off.
The next day when I started working again, the project was empty! :shock: Panic! :vomit:
I load the CF card into my computer and to my utter dismay, the Autoload folder was empty. Zero files inside.
The project was no where on the card, and I felt relly depressed.
Thankfully, I realized that I'd backed up my card a while ago, so the only thing that was lost was some minor edits and track named. :smoker:

The same behavior happened again, when I changed back to the first card again and saved the same way, the folder was still empty.
Used my computer to remove the folder, saved again, and voilá, the files were back.

Anyone with the same experience? This places severe doubt in my unit. >_<
By Ill-Green Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:11 pm
What brand of cards are you using? I never saved to autoload, I just save Samples and Programs. Saving to Autoload proved to be an ordeal for me which is why I save the samples and programs seperately. Even Save Everything can be buggy, things always disappearing.

Since I was saving the samples and programs, I never had a problem with saving on the 500 again.
By DjDiskmachine Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:45 pm
Ill-Green wrote:What brand of cards are you using? I never saved to autoload, I just save Samples and Programs. Saving to Autoload proved to be an ordeal for me which is why I save the samples and programs seperately. Even Save Everything can be buggy, things always disappearing.

Since I was saving the samples and programs, I never had a problem with saving on the 500 again.

The card that was affected was actually the official Akai 4GB.

OK haven't had this experience before, I'll stick to your strategy from now on.
Didn't u get sick of navigating the folders tho?
By Ill-Green Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:40 pm
DjDiskmachine wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:What brand of cards are you using? I never saved to autoload, I just save Samples and Programs. Saving to Autoload proved to be an ordeal for me which is why I save the samples and programs seperately. Even Save Everything can be buggy, things always disappearing.

The card that was affected was actually the official Akai 4GB.

OK haven't had this experience before, I'll stick to your strategy from now on.
Didn't u get sick of navigating the folders tho?

Usually, I make whole albums using one program and all 4 banks. Never ran into that tedious mayhem but I sold it because there were too many eggs to avoid stepping on with the 500. I know the bugs so well, it becomes part of your workflow. Got tired of being "nice" with the 500 and just got me an MPC LIVE. Portability rules 8)