Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By carlos333 Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:52 pm
Hello. I'm new with the MPC 500 and I'm studying it to take out from it the functions I need (I don't do hip hop). I didn't understand one thing that was doing my machine, and I am finally thinking that my machine has some error. It may be happening to other people.

Sometimes, in the program mode, when I modify the field "Mute group" or the Play mode ("One shot/Note on") of one or some of the pads, at some point the machine only lets to play one sound at a time. As if all the pads were in the same mute group (wich is not the actual configuration). If I have recorded a sequence it is also affected for that change. I don't know yet if it happens in other circunstamces.

For what I experimented It tends to be fixed if I save the program, turn off the mpc, turn it on again and load the program. It's a bit annoying for production, but in a live situation it might be problematic and reduces a lot its usefulness.

My mpc runs OS 1.31.

Anybody knows a way to solve this?
By Ill-Green Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:05 pm
Try downloading the 1.31 OS from akaipro.com and reinstall the OS again. Usually that helps with the glitches. Other than that, my experience was that everything went silent after the 32nd bar until I hit play again. Reinstalling helped but once in a while that shit appears.