Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Familyman0515 Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:00 am
Here’s a hard one I can’t figure out.
After recording a sample what do I press to save it to a pad?
The manual doesn’t say. Chapter 10 Step 7.
Thank you in advance
By jmk Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:58 pm
How about chapter 12? :hmmm:
By Sharris Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:06 pm
Yeah it's under chapter 12. I'm at work so I don't have mine in front of me, I know you can do it from the sample screen, maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but I thought it asked "assign to pad?" then you hit the pad you want to assign to & hit do it.

OR once you're done sampling, go to the program menu, go to the page on the screen where it lists the name of the sample (I think it's the first page/screen), hit the pad you want to assign the sample to, aarow down to the sample name, then using the data wheel scroll until you find the name of the sample you want to assign (or you can keep hitting the pad to hear what the sample sounds like if you don't remember the name).
By SlowwFloww Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:33 pm
Well.. after recording pick your pad and press do it... thats it
By Ill-Green Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:17 am
SlowwFloww wrote:Well.. after recording pick your pad and press do it... thats it

Yeah, after sampling, on the bottom line it will say OF, thats to toss the sample into the CF card. Put the cursor under OF, turn the dial and the number of the pads will show as A1, A2, A3 etc. to D12. Remember to name your sample before placing a sample on a pad or in the CF card, because if SAMPLE01 is on pad 2, for example, and lets say you spent 3 days tweaking it, and then you sample something new and forget to name the sample and it registers as SAMPLE01, the sample on Pad 2 will be replaced with the new sample and the old one will forever be deleted.