Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By noble9 Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:24 pm
JUST GOT MY MPC 500 YESTERDAY AT GC!!! WHO ELSE HAS ONE???

ITs PRETTY COOL KINDA CHEAP FEELING!! ITS EXPENSIVE!!! THE SCREEN COULD BE BETTER!!!

By Trilogy Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:40 pm
congrats

By Lampdog Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:56 pm
Now that you have put your business out there like that, mfka's is gonna come at you with all type of questions and call you out when you don't have an answer. So, MAN up! :shock:
By INA Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:09 pm
now you have POWER!!

By INA Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:37 pm
he spent his money.

By Mpc1kallday Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:44 pm
?man people are serious buying this??? now thats crazy :!:

By outsida.2 Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:40 pm
Mpc1kallday wrote:?man people are serious buying this??? now thats crazy :!:

I was thinking the same.

By actuel Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:08 pm
the Guitar Center in Indy got a few in, so i stopped by to check it. fck its kinda cute! i never thought i'd describe an mpc as 'cute' but its really quite nice. i messed with if for about 20 minutes. here's my quick thoughts...

1. the compactness is really quite nice
2. the pads are identical to the mpc1k in size but 'feel' not as stiff (good thing imo)
3. trimming samples is a breeze...different but really easy.
4. a lot more menu'ing about for sure
5. getting around and assigning things is kinda a pain. it may be easy with time but even w/ a lot of mpc's under my belt i thought it was tedious.
6. the lack of mixer really sucks imo. not having access to volumes, track info etc es no bueno.
7. its pretty dope all in all (...minus the price)

again with the disclaimer: i haven't read the manual and only had a minute to play with it. this quick run over is by no means definitive of its features...i'm sure folks will enjoy it. the size is actually really great.

peace
actuel
By masterbeater Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:59 am
it turns out that the pads are a single rubber sheet of 12 much like the 16 of the other mpc's, and the pad sensor is a seperate complete sheet too...no more crappy mpc1000 pads.

By EMFinite Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:46 am
^ one sheet of pads? thats crazy man.. they couldve done that with the 1k.. damn akai is crazy sheisty..

By jahrome Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:20 am
noble9 wrote:
JUST GOT MY MPC 500 YESTERDAY AT GC!!! WHO ELSE HAS ONE???

ITs PRETTY COOL KINDA CHEAP FEELING!! ITS EXPENSIVE!!! THE SCREEN COULD BE BETTER!!!

Oh..let me be the first :lol: :lol:

So if it is cheap feeling and expensive...why did you buy it ??? I hope you wasn't expecting state-of-the-art :wink:

By solah Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:10 am
I just ordered mine.

I just came back from a trip in africa and i come back to this, man if i had this back in africa i know i could of came up with dope shit...All I took was my 303 and my Numark port.

MPC-500, its surreal. I cant believe..The people who are sample based will love this machine the others, they will hate because it aint got a full 20.0 Megapixel color screen to see the wave form..Man im old school and im turning 19 next munff......ish...Good to be home by the way.