Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500

By jahrome Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:17 pm
I just actually discovered them today. I don't know how good they are.

By deranger Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:30 pm
nik wrote:
Yeh, but remember this is a baby unit. If they had stuck a battery charger into the thing, how much more would it have cost? How much bigger would it have been?

Yeah, that would've really jacked up the price. Just imagine, paying $1309 instead of mere $1299? ;)

Still, charging NiMH everytime you'd plug it in would'nt be very good for battery life. I think the way it is is a good compromise. Remember, chargers and NiMH rechargeables are cheap.

And 2400mAh NiMH may give you a lot more than 6 hours with alkaline bats...

By deranger Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:35 pm
jahrome wrote:For all yall crying about batteries for an MPC you don't own or intend to buy...here is something for ya...USB rechargable batteries.....

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=3478

Great, to charge the batteries for MPC500 you'd only need six powered USB ports... Plus they're half the capacity of latest NiMH, since the USB part is taking up space. This is good for a few batteries, like if you have wireles mouse/keyboard...

By jahrome Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:36 am
Well...at least you have options :lol:

By jahrome Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:17 am
Gay??

They will work in your dildo :lol:

By deranger Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:32 pm
jahrome wrote:Gay??

Good point. :D

By engineer Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:50 am
jahrome wrote:Gay??

yeah the one I serviced your mother with last night.

By jahrome Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:26 am
That was a good laugh queer eye :lol:

By The Associate Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:43 pm
If they had put a special battery in the MPC500 it would make it obsolete years from now. Imagine looking for a "special" AKAI battery 10 years from now. All batteries die...why not use standard batteries? I'm with AKAI. Just get a $20 recharger and good batteries!

The Associate.

By jahrome Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:06 pm
Excellent logic. Didn't really think about that.

By TBonus76 Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:42 pm
I meant that they could have made it take a rechargeable pack, OR AA batteries. Haven't you guys ever seen stuff that takes a rechargable pack, but also has a little adapter that fits in there so you can use AA if you want? And when the rechargeale pack was in there and you were not using it, it would recharge the battery. I had a Sony discman that was like that. That's what I meant. If they can put it in a discman, I'm sure they could have incorporated it into the MPC, so the "size" argument is out, also the "additional cost" argument is out because it was not a super-expensive discman. It was the standard Sony discman in the early 90's. My point was that the battery thing could have been done better.

By jahrome Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:43 am
Damn...some of you sound like old wives...never satisfied with anything.

If it doesn't fit your needs..keep it moving and find something you can use. You sound as if Akai owe you something. Stop pissin sitting down...