Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500

By Antonym Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:19 pm
funny thing is, if i got all my samples ready and then programmed a 4 bar loop on the grid without listening to it once, i bet none of you would be able to tell. it wouldn't be half as fun and i'd only do it to prove a point (as the grid to me is simply a method of seeing all my drums on one track better than step edit).

but this isn't about the grid, this is about start and end points, everyone's trying to make it more than that - but it's not. even though it should be about the mixer.

editing a start/end point is nothing like plucking a string. there are 2 variables - start and end. often, the start is where the big part of the wav is, and the end is after the tail tapers. now, if you're tailchopping so you can blur and simulate a sustain, you need to find a good start point using your ears. doing everything without using your eyes does absolutely nothing to make you a better producer, it's just a 2006 version of "look ma, no hands."

very good, now go clean your room.

some of you need to form a commune of self imposed blind men so i can videotape it and put an avi of you guys stumbling over XLR cables in your studios on youtube......shit would be hilarious.

By Upright Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:05 pm
engineer wrote:I find it funny people saying that the 500 needs another mpc to run it properly..... Why not just get another mpc and no 500?

No, No I agree........It will do fine from start to finish, all I am saying is that it will work better with another mpc because you can edit more in a larger mpc.If all you have is the Mpc 500 you can most definitely make some heat......without a doubt.

By Upright Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:08 pm
Lampdog wrote:
Yoshimi wrote:Cats can smell better than humans and can see in the dark... :lol:

They can't mix music though. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: