Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500

By Lampdog Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:08 am
lovesign wrote:Image

I see you got MY FIRST DRUM MACHINE Mattel Synsonic drums. WTH, hahaha. I used to LOVE that machine when I was 10yrs old.. lmbao.

By episode Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:05 am
lovesign wrote:Image
Is that a glass of scotch under your RM1x? HAHA! Personally, I prefer Grey Goose (next to my Motif-Rack ES). Nice setup, by the way.

By LaJProd Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:33 am
mindcontrol wrote:
LaJProd wrote:
mindcontrol wrote:wheres the mpc? lol

lovesign wrote:Yes, it's my first and only MPC (so far anyway, although I think I may have been bitten by the bug !!) and At the moment I'm using it in isolation. This is mainly because all my other gear is packed up ready for my impending house move next week

There is your answer!!!!

lol aight thanks. i thought it was so small i couldnt see it 8)

No prob....8)

By lovesign Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:35 am
Lampdog wrote:I see you got MY FIRST DRUM MACHINE Mattel Synsonic drums. WTH, hahaha. I used to LOVE that machine when I was 10yrs old.. lmbao.

Yeah, I bought it a few months ago on eBay ! I had wanted one so badly when I was a budding drummer in the very early 80's but my parents never succumbed to the intense pressure I put them under to get me one :(

So, when this baby came up on eBay for £20, I snapped it up. Gotta love the lo-fi cheese !! Although I hear Kraftwerk have a few of these :)

I did eventually get some proper drums and about 5 years ago I got some Yamaha DTXpress drums which aren't in that picture but will be in my new Studio when I move in next week :D

By J.Daniels Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:58 am
Ive been dying to get that synsonic drum machine! I havent seen it on ebay for less than 50 bucks. which is abit much for a drum machine that simulates a snare drum by producing straight white noise :P

By lovesign Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:17 am
episode wrote:Is that a glass of scotch under your RM1x? HAHA! Personally, I prefer Grey Goose (next to my Motif-Rack ES). Nice setup, by the way.

No, it's not scotch but the remainder of a pint of beer, IIRC ;)

By lovesign Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:23 am
mnh2410 wrote:I see u got the Event Ezbus(i think). How u like it?

Nicole

Well, aside from the fact that Event haven't supported it for about 3 or 4 years (basically, they stopped driver and control surface template development about 6 months after I bought mine in 2002, without warning or explanation) It's a good piece of gear. Very clean signal. The only major drawback is that the official Event ASIO drivers for it are very poor, especially by todays standards, and I have had to resort to paying for some independant USB Audio drivers ($55) to get acceptable latency settings. These drivers don't support the MIDI connectivity sadly, but that's not too much of an issue for me. Event don't respond to any of my emails regarding this product anymore. It's as if it never existed :(

Very poor service for what is a very good product (with the right drivers).

By Yoshimi Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:03 pm
J.Daniels wrote:Ive been dying to get that synsonic drum machine! I havent seen it on ebay for less than 50 bucks. which is abit much for a drum machine that simulates a snare drum by producing straight white noise :P

it's not worth bugging about...

By distortedtekno Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:14 am
Yoshimi wrote:
J.Daniels wrote:Ive been dying to get that synsonic drum machine! I havent seen it on ebay for less than 50 bucks. which is abit much for a drum machine that simulates a snare drum by producing straight white noise :P

it's not worth bugging about...

i'd like to circuit-bend one.
a friend of mine gave me one back in the day, but the pads were shot, and i ended up throwing it away. if i knew then what i know now, i would've kept it. if i see one for cheap, i'll grab it.