Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By grinchmob Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:01 pm
This thing is so fricking cute. Reminds me of a MPC version of my first sony. :lol:

By Upright Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:29 pm
So you got one or what?

By grinchmob Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:41 pm
Upright wrote:So you got one or what?

Naw!! I'm cool with my 1k and 2000 classic. Maybe if/when the price drops I'll consider.

By lovesign Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:38 pm
I have one and it is cute as hell ;)

By Upright Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:33 pm
lovesign wrote:I have one and it is cute as hell ;)

Is it worth the 8 bills...........is this your only mpc or are you using it with another mpc?

By lovesign Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:08 pm
Yes, it's my first and only MPC (so far anyway, although I think I may have been bitten by the bug !!) and At the moment I'm using it in isolation. This is mainly because all my other gear is packed up ready for my impending house move next week, but I can see me using this in conjunction with the rest of my studio, including my Akai S6000 & Z8.

My day job entails a lot of travelling and this is going to make one hell of a difference to me now :)

Is it worth $800 ? Well, here in the UK places have it listed at £549, which I consider quite reasonable, so yes, I think it's worth every penny :)

By Upright Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:19 pm
^Nice, thanks for the information.....I should have one real soon.
:D

By grinchmob Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:09 pm
lovesign wrote:Yes, it's my first and only MPC (so far anyway, although I think I may have been bitten by the bug !!) and At the moment I'm using it in isolation. This is mainly because all my other gear is packed up ready for my impending house move next week, but I can see me using this in conjunction with the rest of my studio, including my Akai S6000 & Z8.

My day job entails a lot of travelling and this is going to make one hell of a difference to me now :)

Is it worth $800 ? Well, here in the UK places have it listed at £549, which I consider quite reasonable, so yes, I think it's worth every penny :)

How's that Fusion? I wanted to get one of those.

By lovesign Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:14 pm
grinchmob wrote:How's that Fusion? I wanted to get one of those.

The Fusion is superb !!! I love it, and I'm a man who hates workstations !!

The sampler is the best implemented hardware sampler since Akai stopped making the rackmounts. The VA, PM & FM synth engines are stunning and all of this with 24bit digital audio recording and a built in hard drive, married to one of the best keybeds I've played in years !!

Can you tell I like it !!?? LOL ;)

By mindcontrol Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:54 pm
grinchmob wrote:
lovesign wrote:Yes, it's my first and only MPC (so far anyway, although I think I may have been bitten by the bug !!) and At the moment I'm using it in isolation. This is mainly because all my other gear is packed up ready for my impending house move next week, but I can see me using this in conjunction with the rest of my studio, including my Akai S6000 & Z8.

wheres the mpc? lol

By LaJProd Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:07 am
mindcontrol wrote:wheres the mpc? lol

lovesign wrote:Yes, it's my first and only MPC (so far anyway, although I think I may have been bitten by the bug !!) and At the moment I'm using it in isolation. This is mainly because all my other gear is packed up ready for my impending house move next week

There is your answer!!!!

By mindcontrol Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:03 am
LaJProd wrote:

lovesign wrote:Yes, it's my first and only MPC (so far anyway, although I think I may have been bitten by the bug !!) and At the moment I'm using it in isolation. This is mainly because all my other gear is packed up ready for my impending house move next week

There is your answer!!!!

lol aight thanks. i thought it was so small i couldnt see it 8)

By Upright Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:09 am
mindcontrol wrote:
lol aight thanks. i thought it was so small i couldnt see it 8)

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yeah!!!!!!1

By lovesign Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:07 am

LOL !

This picture was taken a few months ago, just before I got my MPC500.

This is my MPC500, on top of my Fusion.

:)