Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By REBEL3 Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:54 am
The new MPC 500 is a rip off fist of all it only has 12 pads and a tiny ass screen wtf were they thinking when they made this machine f*%$ battery life im not gonna be making beats in my car or in a subway , was it me or did I think that the mpc 1000 was portable enough they should have put their time into making an mpc 5000 with color screen and more effects . But hey thats just me :)
Last edited by REBEL3 on Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Upright Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:05 am
REBEL3 wrote:The new MPC 500 is a rip off fist of all it only has 12 pads and a tiny ass screen wtf were they thinking when they made this machine f*%$ battery life im not gonna be making beats in my car or in a subway , was it me or did I think that the mpc 1000 was portable enough the should have put their time into making an mpc 5000 with color screen and more effects . But hey thats just me :)

Why didn't you buy a 1000?

By REBEL3 Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:08 am
I will later when I could afford it but right now im happy with my 2500

By Upright Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:12 am
REBEL3 wrote:I will later when I could afford it but right now im happy with my 2500

Oh ok........I think the 500 and the 2500 make a good combo.......that's just me though. Best to you with whatever you decide to get. :D :D

By Lampdog Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:10 am
REBEL3 wrote:I will later when I could afford it but right now im happy with my 2500

Then go play with that and quit bitchin :shock: :D

By Yoshimi Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:19 am
Lampdog wrote:

co-sign.

By lovesign Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:26 am
Lampdog wrote:

+1

By pt3r Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:04 pm
Did you spend money on a 500? If so, it's your own fault you knew what you were going to buy, you could have read up on it b4 spending the money. If not, wtf are you whining about it being a rip off, does it keep you awake at night that there are people who have bought it and that they will be unhappy about their purchase? Judging by all the questions you posted so far about your 2500 it doesn't seem like you are the expert to judge the quality of any mpc. Now quit bitching and go learn that mpc of yours and don't worry about what other people buy. Make some nice beats instead.
By seatown350 Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:37 pm
REBEL3 wrote:The new MPC 500 is a rip off fist of all it only has 12 pads and a tiny ass screen wtf were they thinking when they made this machine f*%$ battery life im not gonna be making beats in my car or in a subway , was it me or did I think that the mpc 1000 was portable enough they should have put their time into making an mpc 5000 with color screen and more effects . But hey thats just me :)

i agree that they shouldve made a mpc 5000 :D
By sparq Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:30 pm
seatown350 wrote:i agree that they shouldve made a mpc 5000 :D
something of the sorts is coming. as of exactly when.... i can't say.
By bitoven Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:12 pm
I just bought an mpc500....i thought it was kinda expensive and stuff, but after I actually went and played with it an used it and saw it...damn that shit is amazing...i think if you havent seen it in person, you should. in the pictures, it looks like its of equal or maybe alittle smaller than the mpc1000. this is not the case at all. it is waaaaay smaller an a hell of a lot lighter. its the perfect machine for portable music making, doesnt even have to be on a bus or on a subway..just going over to your girls house and waiting for her ass to get ready or someshit like that.....i sold a black mpc1000 with 80gb harddrive and maxed ram..and still paid an extra $100 to get this thing..it was worth every penny of it...but I usually do sample editing and stuff like that on my computer aanyways then drag it over to the mpc....12 pads is plenty..wtf do you guys do play beats with your feet???...im sure most of you only use 4 pads 6 tops every time you overdub.....does everyone think this thing is a rip off because it doesnt have 16 pads and doesnt have a few of the functions??? the size and portability is where all the value is...besides the limitations help to evoke creativity.............anyway this is mostly for the person that wants to buy one but isnt sure...if you want portability and havent seen the mpc500 in person...go see it and im sure youll buy it....
By 4000is1monster Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:09 pm
Being small does NOT make something portable, If you have to plug something in to use it, then it is not portable. How portable would an IPOD be if you HAD to have it pluged in to use it??? I dont give a damn how tiny apple made it... it would not be considered portable.

In reality my 4000 is just as portable as the 1000,... so what its bigger, you still have to plug both of them in. I've taken my 4000 over to friends houses in a "rok sak" padded bag to sample sample off their keyboards.

the 500 is what everyone was hoping the 1000 would be when all the rumors where flying around before it came out in 03', its truely portable.

And what the hell is a color screen gonna do to help you make better beats? What they should do for the 5000 is design a more elegant way to edit samples that is more like sample editing in software programs like sound forge or recycle, as it seems most people use these programs anyway and then transfer the samples back to their MPC. Update the sequencer also to allow both linear and pattern based sequencing at the same time, My k2600 does this and it was made back in like 1999, such a powerfull feature.

[/b]
By Upright Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:17 pm
Yoshimi wrote:
Why is he a dummy?

He said a few things he shouldn't have said and he's a little arrogant, but I wouldn't called him a dummy after all he bought a 500 :wink:
I think he may be referring to the selling of his 1000 I'm not sure though.
By lovesign Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:17 pm
Yoshimi wrote:
wildstyle72 wrote:
bitoven wrote:I just bought an mpc500....i thought it was kinda expensive and stuff, but after I actually went and played with it an used it and saw it...damn that **** is amazing...i think if you havent seen it in person, you should. in the pictures, it looks like its of equal or maybe alittle smaller than the mpc1000. this is not the case at all. it is waaaaay smaller an a hell of a lot lighter. its the perfect machine for portable music making, doesnt even have to be on a bus or on a subway..just going over to your girls house and waiting for her ass to get ready or **** like that.....i sold a black mpc1000 with 80gb harddrive and maxed ram..and still paid an extra $100 to get this thing..it was worth every penny of it...but I usually do sample editing and stuff like that on my computer aanyways then drag it over to the mpc....12 pads is plenty..wtf do you guys do play beats with your feet???...im sure most of you only use 4 pads 6 tops every time you overdub.....does everyone think this thing is a rip off because it doesnt have 16 pads and doesnt have a few of the functions??? the size and portability is where all the value is...besides the limitations help to evoke creativity.............anyway this is mostly for the person that wants to buy one but isnt sure...if you want portability and havent seen the mpc500 in person...go see it and im sure youll buy it....
DUMMY

Why is he a dummy?

I was thinking the exact same thing !

I think that's great to see someone who doubted it's ability and worth to actually go and see one, play with it and then realise it's a very worthwhile bit of kit.

Good on you, bitoven, and wishing you many hours of fun on your 500 ;)
By 4000is1monster Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:43 pm
i like it when british dudes call stuff like this "bit of kit". Where exactly does it come from? Because in the U.S. calling something a kit is usually reserved for an ensamble of things put together to form a unit and not for a sigular thing like a drum machine or keyboard.

or am i thinking too hard and should just accept that its just an expression?