Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By DSTRUCT Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:53 pm
sparq wrote:
seatown350 wrote:i agree that they shouldve made a mpc 5000 :D
something of the sorts is coming. as of exactly when.... i can't say.

see, ive been tellin yall for mad months theres a new big boy mpc coming out
By lovesign Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:57 pm
dstruction wrote:
sparq wrote:
seatown350 wrote:i agree that they shouldve made a mpc 5000 :D
something of the sorts is coming. as of exactly when.... i can't say.

see, ive been tellin yall for mad months theres a new big boy mpc coming out

But it's not going to be the 5000. Divide by 2, multiply by 1.5 and subtract 250 ;)
By lovesign Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:09 pm
4000is1monster wrote:i like it when british dudes call stuff like this "bit of kit". Where exactly does it come from? Because in the U.S. calling something a kit is usually reserved for an ensamble of things put together to form a unit and not for a sigular thing like a drum machine or keyboard.

or am i thinking too hard and should just accept that its just an expression?

TBH, I really don't know where the term comes from but I know it dates back to pre WWII. I think it has it's origin in British Royal Marines slang.

"Bloody spiffing bit of kit there, Harold, what !! ;)

The word kit has the same meaning in the UK, but the phrase obviously never made it across the pond ;)

By REBEL3 Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:52 pm
Then go play with that and quit bitchin First of all I never said I bought the damn thing I was saying my opinion on it we can do that here it's a forum, its seems like every time someone has something to say about mpc 1 person always takes it to the head chill the **** out

By Yoshimi Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:54 pm
REBEL3 wrote:Then go play with that and quit bitchin First of all I never said I bought the damn thing I was saying my opinion on it we can do that here it's a forum, its seems like every time someone has something to say about mpc 1 person always takes it to the head chill the **** out

You felt your opinion was important enough to start another thread... and then attacked it with no real decent reason to back it up... that is why people are responding the way they did.

By AMG Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:58 pm
crazy thread... :lol:

By REBEL3 Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:02 pm
yeah and ts an opinion my thought on it so if it sounds like im bitchin then so be it everyone on this damn forum is and I did start so what!

By lovesign Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:09 pm
REBEL3 wrote:yeah and ts an opinion my thought on it so if it sounds like im bitchin then so be it everyone on this damn forum is and I did start so what!

Your opinion would have been more valid and better accepted had you actually used an MPC500 or owned one. I could sit here all day and b!tch about a Korg OASYS, but I've only ever seen them in a store or heard them being played at trade shows, so I can't give a credible critique, just an unfounded opinion.

Anyway, opinions are like a$$holes, everyone's got one.

It's just that some are more sh!tty than others ;)

By Yoshimi Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:38 pm
REBEL3 wrote:yeah and ts an opinion my thought on it so if it sounds like im bitchin then so be it everyone on this damn forum is and I did start so what!

Get the marbles outta your mouth son... 10-4 come again good buddy... :wink:

By Upright Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:17 am
^^LOL on the trucker talk!!1 :lol: :lol: :lol:
By gunmetal Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:48 am
Why is he a dummy?[/quote]

cuz

"i sold a black mpc1000 with 80gb harddrive and maxed ram..and still paid an extra $100 to get this thing"

thats why
By Yoshimi Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:55 am
gunmetal wrote:Why is he a dummy?

cuz

"i sold a black mpc1000 with 80gb harddrive and maxed ram..and still paid an extra $100 to get this thing"

thats why[/quote]

Well, I know...but if he is a road warrior...it makes sense... also, we don't know what other equipment he has.

By The Associate Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:57 pm
The MPC 500 is F- cool. I think it's different. I like. Why do people have to be so F- negative?

Secondly, if you want color screens with cartoons and S- get a computer. The whole idea with hardware is you HEAR the music, not see the music that you are making.

The Associate.

By Upright Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:02 pm
The Associate wrote: The whole idea with hardware is you HEAR the music, not see the music that you are making.

I agree.. the 500 kind of force's you to use your ears more than other mpc's it really is a breath of fresh air!!!!1