Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500

By Upright Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:46 am
J.Daniels wrote:I gotta admit, its a very apealling machine!

I would get one, but i think it would be smarter to get something like the 1k for the same price. Especially considering that ive already got the sp404.

I agree.

By AMG Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:05 pm
thought this was about the pads? there's a handful of people who own the 500, so somebody spill the beans!
By Upright Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:00 pm
AMG wrote:thought this was about the pads? there's a handful of people who own the 500, so somebody spill the beans!

They seem like the 1000's pads to me but then again I don't own a 1000,I do however have a 2500 and compared to it , the pads seem a little tight.By tight I mean they don't respond as well to really soft taps. IMO :)

By AMG Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:05 pm
thanks Upright.

By Antonym Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:01 pm
upright - pop open your mpc and show us pics if you can.

By Upright Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:36 pm
Antonym wrote:upright - pop open your mpc and show us pics if you can.

LOL....I would love to but,I'm not really a"pop open" kind of guy. I mean I'm sure it's no big deal to open it up, but at this point it kind of scares me. I don't want to break something. :)

By Upright Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:46 pm
Yoshimi wrote:Don't you think the pads will get softer more worn in (ie more sensitive) over time?

I do.
:)

By Antonym Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:55 pm
why do people believe this? does the rubber itself get softer over time? everyone always talks about "Breaking in their stiff pads..."

By Yoshimi Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:57 pm
Antonym wrote:why do people believe this? does the rubber itself get softer over time? everyone always talks about "Breaking in their stiff pads..."

Yes, rubber gets softer with use...

By Upright Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:01 pm
Antonym wrote:why do people believe this? does the rubber itself get softer over time? everyone always talks about "Breaking in their stiff pads..."

Maybe you can shead some light on the matter, do the pads break in at all over time? I just figured that either the pads or the sensors would wear in a little thus reacting easier.

By medullabuzz Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:04 pm
I think the pads are just fine - I'm going blind from the small display - but, the pads are fine !!!

By Antonym Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:44 pm
maybe i just don't notice it because i'm always on my mpc, but i have no recollection of the 1000 pads being any harder when i first got em.

By Upright Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:24 pm
medullabuzz wrote:I think the pads are just fine - I'm going blind from the small display - but, the pads are fine !!!

LOL........yeah it takes a little getting use to.

By strength Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:07 am
the pads are definitly one sheet cause i noticed when i press in the corner of a pad i can see the pad next to it move a little bit, which doesnt say a lot about the overall quality but......