Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500

By Upright Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:10 pm
INA wrote: but I just want to know if this little demon sounds like his big brothers. That's enoght for me.

This mpc(500) isn't lacking a thing when it comes to sound. It sounds every bit as good as my 2500. :)
By OrakleMusik Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:08 am
Portability.......for example just today I went up to starbucks took my 500 and set down and made a track. It was nice. Didn't even need a power supply because it runs on batteries. :wink: Now that I am at home I can load everything up to my 2500 by just inserting the CF card, it's that simple.

This is impossible with the 2500. Plus I have so much stuff hooked up to my 2500 that it would be a hassle to disconnect it everytime I wanted to take it somewhere.[/quote]

This is honestly the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of in my life! I can't believe you went to starbucks and made a beat... Us real musicians like a little more studio feel to the surrounding and not sitting next to little Jimmy sipping on a mocha frapaccino... but thats just me
By Upright Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:49 am
OrakleMusik wrote:This is honestly the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of in my life! I can't believe you went to starbucks and made a beat... Us real musicians like a little more studio feel to the surrounding and not sitting next to little Jimmy sipping on a mocha frapaccino... but thats just me

I can stay in the studio or go to starbucks and make beats whatever I feel like doing ........probably sounds ridiculous to you because you can't do it LOL. And if your a real musician........what is a fifth above B in the Key of Gmajor.......that's what I thought..............real musician(That's the biggest joke in this here thread!!!1)A real musician wouldn't be trying to clown a musicial instrument(Mpc500) Sorry man you gave yourself away when you tried to classify yourself as a real musician. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

By EMFinite Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:01 am
:roll:

By INA Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:09 am
**** musicians, who wanna be one?

By Upright Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:43 am
INA wrote:**** musicians, who wanna be one?

Ah..............Ok. :?

By OrakleMusik Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:46 pm
I just think its ridiculous and completely unnecessary... making beats at starbucks... common man... Maybe if your traveling, like on a long plane flight, I'll give it that... in that case I could kind of see where the 500 could be useful... but starbucks???

By mnh2410 Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:46 pm
OrakleMusik wrote:but starbucks???

You never know when ideas are gonna come. He has an mpc500 he puts that idea down. He goes home to his bigger setup and finishes it. I have came up with crazy ideas in crazy places and had no way to get them down. But he does now. Man i dont see a problem with it. If it works for you go for it sweetie.

Nicole

By INA Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:58 pm
forget it. It's just a super toy, makes us wish to wait santa again. Any mpc user would like to have it, it's just a question of money and preferences. Is that kind of machine that you'll never sell because for the price you get on the deal you prefer to keep it with you forever, it's small and light, you can put and carry it anywhere. It will become and oldscool toy, you'll see. But don't compare it with the 2500, please. Is like comparing the 303 with a moog. No reason to do it.

By Upright Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:28 pm
mnh2410 wrote:

You never know when ideas are gonna come. He has an mpc500 he puts that idea down. He goes home to his bigger setup and finishes it. I have came up with crazy ideas in crazy places and had no way to get them down. But he does now. Man i dont see a problem with it. If it works for you go for it sweetie.

Nicole

Good lookin' Niki. :wink:

By OrakleMusik Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:26 pm
Upright wrote:
mnh2410 wrote:

Nicole

Good lookin' Niki. :wink:

so now you guys can both go and jam out at starbucks while sippin on your mocha frapaccinos...

By INA Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:40 pm
They'll change the company name

STARBEATS

And my favorite improvement:

Makin beats when defecate. Remember the paper, or the pads will get really softer

By EMFinite Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:51 pm
i think the 500 IS a good idea, BUT the price is just too much..

i would buy it IF the price was MUCH lower..

By Upright Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:15 am
OrakleMusik wrote:
so now you guys can both go and jam out at starbucks while sippin on your mocha frapaccinos...

....And you can hop on the bus your always talking about with your gameboy and meet us there and show off your latest pokemon adventure game........looks like this is going to work out for everyone!!!1 :D